DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

I love the Cubs. I may love this Cubs team more than any other before it if just for stuff like this: Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo run 'Grandpa Rossy' Instagram account following David Ross around. The Cubs are also doing a season long retirement party of sorts for David Ross. I'm not the biggest Ross fan and hate that he and Lester make for this binary black hole in the lineup, but he seems like a real good dude and the team obviously loves the guy.

I love the Cubs. I may love this Cubs team more than any other before it if just for stuff like this: Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo run 'Grandpa Rossy' Instagram account following David Ross around. The Cubs are also doing a season long retirement party of sorts for David Ross. I'm not the biggest Ross fan and hate that he and Lester make for this binary black hole in the lineup, but he seems like a real good dude and the team obviously loves the guy.

His insanely high defensive value makes up for the lack of production from his spot in the batting order once every five days.

The sensible thing for Toronto to do is see how the season goes and sell him off come July if they're out of it. You do not want to put massive resources in a guy that will be 36 when his next contract kicks in and isn't likely to be giving you more than 3-4 WAR a season during the contract. Use that money on balancing the roster out.

edit: Dexter Fowler to the Orioles for 3 years.

Edited by Oyaji

The Giants look brilliant for letting him walk, which by the looks of it, he isn't doing much of.

I say fuck SF in everything they do, but I would be a fool to think that Sabean and company aren't really fantastic guys at running a baseball team. I enjoy their approach to the personnel side of things.

Always had a healthy ego from what I can tell.

Either way, isn't he supposed to puffing out his chest right now? Good on him.

No problem puffing his chest out just dont act like he did Toronto a favour on his last deal since AA ate a lot of shit from the people that cover the team and baseball for that deal.

Orioles were in a bad position this winter. Can't let everyone walk, but there weren't really any massive upgrades available to them on the FA market. That led to them bringing back three of four major free agents from a team that finished third in the AL East. They can't blow it up, but probably should have looked into trading some of these guys (Hardy, Davis) last summer. Now...yikes.

Any word on Baltimore not being happy with Gallardos physical or is this buyers remorse

\

This was the latest update per trade rumors

7:26pm: The Orioles’ issue with Gallardo is concern over his shoulder, according to Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun (links to Twitter). However, as Encina notes, Gallardo doesn’t have a history of shoulder problems, and it’s rare that a 30-year-old pitcher’s shoulder will be 100 percent clean. He further tweets that the Orioles are likely being “super cautious” due to the draft pick forfeiture that is associated with Gallardo, and if Gallardo did not come with that price, the shoulder may not be perceived as a significant issue. Kubatko tweets that the Orioles hope to get the results of additional testing on Gallardo back tomorrow.