DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

At his funeral, Tony will play the part of eulogist, pastor, usher, attendee, and man of the hour.

RIP to a guy I loved watching play with the Tigers.

• Like 2

Alright alright!! Let's get this season started!! I still haven't decided if I am going to go down to AZ and catch a couple games or not. I really want to, but my wife just had a baby, so we might not make it down. ST games are too goddamn fun. I love seeing all the young blood scratching for a spot.

What a fucking bummer about Tony Phillips. Super young to go of a heart attack. I had lots of good times watching him in OAK.

I wonder if that means the O's are now out on Fowler. I guess they could still go for Fowler.

Austin Jackson is still out there as well.

I keep expecting the Cubs to sign one of these guys, but it hasn't happened yet. Of course signing one of them likely means Soler gets moved and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I wonder if that means the O's are now out on Fowler. I guess they could still go for Fowler.

On Saturday - the story was that the Os would probably get both Gallardo and Fowler

But nothing further has happened

Hey piranesi...what happened in the 2015 NLDS between the Cubs and Cardinals. I mean, I was there for game 3 and I seem to recall receiving a ton of high-fives from folks in the bleachers. We wouldn't do that if the Cardinals scored...

MLB 2016: Anyone but the Cardinals

Because all they're giving up is Michael Saunders, who may be A Good Canadian Boy, but can't stay healthy.

FWIW, I'm not a huge Bruce fan, but if that's all the cost...fuck it. Reds are probably eating some of the cash, and his buyout next year is only a million if he stinks.

Cause like Joe says if you are relying on Saunders to play most days you will be let down.  And teams that have a shot at the playoffs dont have guys like Chris Colabello or Ezekiel Carrera playing in their outfield.  Will be surprised if it happens.  More surprised where the extra bucks came from for Bruce's salary