DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

IF and its a huge IF, MLB ever goes to Havana for a big league team, it would have to be at least two or three decades out, and that's assuming Cuba transitions back to a market economy and massive western investment. I could see a big league team trying spring training there sooner if everything were to go smoothly. . . 

Mariners have placed Jesus Montero on waivers. My sympathies to whomever's team picks him up thinking they might be able to get something out of him.

Spoiler alert: they won't. 

They should totally add a team in Japan because that would logistically make total sense and not completely kill the entire NPB.

On 3/26/2016 at 2:27 PM, muhammedboehm said:

With the opening of Cuba how out there would it be to add two teams Cuba and like Dominican Repulbic?

At best, I see Havana being like London is to the NFL. They might get a special series or two a year but nothing more. 

There's probably some CFs that can outright a golf cart, give him a hoverboard, he'd set the field ablaze...when he crashed the damn thing into the fence trying to field a pop up.

On 3/25/2016 at 11:26 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

If they got rid of Shake Shack, I will murder.

You misspelled "Blue Smoke." Mmm, BBQ baloney sammich...

• Like 1

I imagine this thread will close soon....it's been an entertaining Spring!

Jimmy Rollins won the starting shortstop job with the White Sox, though will share time on the job.

Andrew Miller has a chip fracture in his right wrist.

John Schuerholz is going into quasi-retirement and becoming Vice-Chairman of the Braves.

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Poor poor fat sad Panda

I imagine that Sandoval becomes the DH next season post-Ortiz, assuming the Red Sox don't trade/release him?

10 hours ago, Hamhock said:

I imagine that Sandoval becomes the DH next season post-Ortiz, assuming the Red Sox don't trade/release him?

I had assumed that Hanley would get that job, but who the fuck knows?

That Hanley/Panda pair was a terrible signing.