DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2016 - Spring Training!

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Alex Rodriguez has said he will retire after the 2017 season.  

So not one, but YES, a TWO YEAR FAREWELL TO A-ROD TOUR!

I wouldn't quit on $21 million either.

I hope he breaks Bonds record just to amuse myself over the absurdity of it all. 90ish Hank Aaron will then challenge both to a fight and take them out with one punch.

1 hour ago, Joe Lucia said:

The Diamondbacks want a new stadium.

Fuck the Diamondbacks.

*Looks at year* Tell them to get back to us in 25 years.

I've long argued that Charlotte needs a team and probably should've gotten the Expos when they left Montreal. The Braves and Orioles are too far away from much of the population of the Carolinas and a Charlotte-Atlanta rivalry in the NL East would've been a lot of fun to watch. 

Charlotte will never happen because of the rights dickwagging that would surely take place between the Orioles/Nationals/Braves.

Austin will never happen because of the rights dickwagging that would surely take place between the Rangers/Astros.

A third New York team will never happen because of the rights dickwagging that would surely take place between the Yankees/Mets.

Indianapolis will never happen because it's been a minor league city forever and that's all it will ever be. Same with New Orleans.

Portland, Montreal, San Jose, and somewhere in Mexico are the most logical landing spots, but they're not going to happen for at least a decade unless a team gets lucky enough to break their lease and move.