DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

Prior to the announcement Meltzer has seemed to believe not even NXT TV guys would be in it, just outsiders and guys who have yet to debut.

Seeing as how Progress and Rev. Pro were mentioned in HHH's interview, the guys I could see fitting would be Zack Sabre, Marty Scurll, Mark Haskins and El Ligero, maybe Paul Robinson too. I'd say Tommy End is probably a little heavy, but you could probably pass him off as 205.

El Ligero would be interesting considering the Liger lookalike mask and the name. He's a super solid worker though.

• Like 1

If this goes well, I hope they do the same thing with tag teams, but mostly because I wanna see Gable & Jordan take on everyone in the indies. The Bucks, the Briscoes, the All Night Express....

They've got the Tag Team tournament, but sure, they could expand it and use outside teams, that would be cool.

If this goes well, I hope they do the same thing with tag teams, but mostly because I wanna see Gable & Jordan take on everyone in the indies. The Bucks, the Briscoes, the All Night Express....

If they did the same thing with heavyweights, women and tag teams they could fill almost an entire year's worth of programming.

I wouldn't expect any ROH-contracted wrestlers in this, though.

I wouldn't expect any ROH-contracted wrestlers in this, though.

Aw, and there I was hoping for a Jason Kincaid sighting.  Probably means no one from New Japan either.

Cornette isn't high on Flippy Lucha so probably no guys from LU or AAA.

I'm kinda excited to see how this plays out, but guardedly so.  I can imagine WWE running out of ideas for how to wrap this thing up and me losing my mind when they put Hornswoggle over Zach Sabre in the finals.

Dude.  Spoiler alert.

They could bring in Monsta Mack (who worked a JAPW tournament for their LHW title and was announced as weighing "just under the legal weight limit for junior heavyweights").

• Like 2

I'm kinda excited to see how this plays out, but guardedly so.  I can imagine WWE running out of ideas for how to wrap this thing up and me losing my mind when they put Hornswoggle over Zach Sabre in the finals.

Dude.  Spoiler alert.

To be fair, Hornswoggle deserves a spot in this.  He was the last Cruiserweight champ.

I'm still upset Noble never used his power in the Authority to get his belt back.

Prior to the announcement Meltzer has seemed to believe not even NXT TV guys would be in it, just outsiders and guys who have yet to debut.

Seeing as how Progress and Rev. Pro were mentioned in HHH's interview, the guys I could see fitting would be Zack Sabre, Marty Scurll, Mark Haskins and El Ligero, maybe Paul Robinson too. I'd say Tommy End is probably a little heavy, but you could probably pass him off as 205.

El Ligero would be interesting considering the Liger lookalike mask and the name. He's a super solid worker though.

Sabre Jr & Scurll should be locks. Paul Robinson isn't going anywhere that has a PG rating. The dude is a walking R rating. Haskins has that former TNA stink to him a little but I can see it being overlooked. Ligero is in an odd position: obviously capable but a fake luchador in a business with plenty of real ones.

Pete Dunne is the current RevPro Cruiserweight champ, so he might get a look, as might "Flash" Morgan Webster, who has the world's smallest head. Josh Bodom is Ziggler-lite, so he might get a look, too. Past those, Tyler Bate & Nathan Cruz could be outsiders.

If someone doesn't do the "carry around a scale" gimmick, I'll be slightly disappointed.

What does Bob Holly weigh these days?

If Chikara guys get in, screw it, I want Mister Zero and Blind Rage.

Liger or Kushida would be welcome from NJ.