DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

Looking forward to the moment that WWE realizes they booked 30 dudes who all run the same spots.

I'm sure we'll get a varied selection of moves in there. Enzuigiris, running enzuigiris, step-up enzuigiris, leg-feed enzuigiris, diving enzuigiris, shining enzuigiris, springboard enzuigiris, triangle enzuigiris...

Also 90% of the guys will use a lungblower.

• Like 1

I hope this was spurred on by Trips being impressed by the WoS tribute acts because those ten minute Nitro Cruiserweight workrate special matches haven't aged all that well.

I disagree with that to some extent. The stuff that's all bomb-throwing is somewhat passe now, but a surprising amount of the Malenko stuff in '95 and early '96 where he was the base for a high-flyer is still very good. I was thinking that what I really want to see in this tournament is the style-clash where WoS tribute guys like Busick try to ground the high-flyers and act as a base for them because to me, those were always the best Nitro Cruiser matches. 

• Like 1

I like the implication that Eric Embry lives in the remains of the Sportatorium like Gollum  was living in The Misty Mountains. 

I can see him now, cradling the WCCW Crusierweight title  whispering "My precious..." over and over again (that is until Shaun Simpson tricks him and steals)

James

• Like 6

Looking forward to the moment that WWE realizes they booked 30 dudes who all run the same spots.

I'm sure we'll get a varied selection of moves in there. Enzuigiris, running enzuigiris, step-up enzuigiris, leg-feed enzuigiris, diving enzuigiris, shining enzuigiris, springboard enzuigiris, triangle enzuigiris...

Sentons.  The marks love sentons.

Also snapmare/spine punt combos.

Even without the Young Bucks, it's going to be a superkick party. 

Don't forget various forms of suplexes, drivers, and bombs on the apron. That shit on the indies these days is almost as bad as Shining Wizards were getting in 2006.

EDIT: Has anyone done a Shining Wizard on the ring apron? Or reversed a Shining Wizard attempt into a power bomb on the apron?