DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

And one of those 3 confirmed they were coming via Twitter

And in general - after this Wednesday's show - it will be okay to talk about who is where since the rest of the tournament will be live

I am delighted at the guys they advertised for when the Cruserweights start on Raw.  Of course it's just my luck that that's in two weeks and not next week when I'm going to the show.  I'm really hoping the crowd pays attention and likes what they're doing.  At least on commentary Graves is there to explain who they are.

• Like 1

This is somewhat picking up on discussion from the NXT general discussion thread, but I think WWE would be best served by giving the Cruiserweights their own hour on the network, and having them tour on their own in a similar fashion to NXT "A" tour (or add a third touring NXT group).  RAW barely has time for 2 women's segments, and they've already hyped more Cruiserweights than they have women, so they aren't going to be able to give them much time at all on the show.

This would also allow them to occasionally bring in non-signed/exclusive talent in a fashion similar to the CWC/NXT.

I know @Tim Evans asked this on Twitter but I don't know if he ever got an answer

The Finals start at 9 PM but for those going the taping starts at 6:30 PM

So either they are taping for some sort of special (or I guess NXT) or they are doing the TNA "fake" live thing

So who wins tonight?  Pretty refreshing that a case can be made for any of the last four to win.  Most had ZSJ/Ibushi in the finals per-tournament, but you also have the other 2 that are most likely signed to the WWE, and with the Cruiserweight Division starting up next week on Raw, you'd assume the winner will be on there quite a bit.  I'm predicting a Metalik/Ibushi final with Gran Metalik winning it all.

I really want to see an Ibushi/ZSJ match since it's by far the most compelling match-up, both in terms of action quality and tournament narrative. Hopefully at least one of them discreetly signed a contract that avoided the dirtsheets or has a handshake deal in place so we can get that match.

If not, it probably goes to Metalik since he's been featured in those Raw video packages. If they go this route, I'd actually be cool with seeing Metalik/ZSJ go to war, while TJP stuns Ibushi with an early roll up, then they can play up fresh vs. tired story in the finals. I think the story would play even better if ZSJ worked over Metalik's legs, then he had to eventually tap to TJP's submission after a valiant fight, but a standard WWE "overcoming the odds" story would be acceptable.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Any word on what else is on the show tonight, other than the DIY tag match?

Was that announced anywhere?

Meltzer just dropped that in a tweet like everyone knew about it and I was like WTF?

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

WWE.com has a story saying these 6 folks are now members of RAW (In addition to TJP)

Kendrick

Metalik

Alexander

Dorado

Dar

Swann

One of these is not like the other, one of these doesn't belong.  I'm gonna be ticked if he's featured on there but Gallagher isn't.

• Like 2