DVDVR Message Board

Video packages in wrestling.

Video packages are an important part of wrestling used to hype an upcoming match, highlights of a PPV match on TV, a wrestler either debuting or returning and for PPV/TV introductions. Let's post the best of them.

I'll start with three:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaMHbrEfUc4

The Undertaker/Shawn Michaels video package is the best I've ever seen, excellent video. I really like the John Cena/CM Punk Money in the Bank 2011 video showing how they got to the match with the music complimenting it. The Brock Lesnar video did a great job making Lesnar different with the sit down interview, the things he said and the list of the championships he's won.

I fast-forward through 90% of video packages.  Raw has a much more watchable length when you skip all the video packages recapping what you already knew.

One that I didn't FF through was Bully Ray's explanation of how Aces and Eights came about:

Video packages are something WWE has ALWAYS done well. Even when the rest of the company is shit. I was always impressed when they had a Wrestlemania highlights package play at the end of Wrestlemania. It still stuns me how they got the last match in there.

"Running Up That Hill" is the best one they've ever done. They also had a short Johnny Cash one for that same match.

Here's a personal favorite because of how it made Umaga look:

• Like 1

That HHH/Foley program was absolute gold.  I had just finished reading Foley's first book and I was at the peak of my Foley fandom.  When he brought back Cactus Jack I marked out like I did the first time I saw Macho Man's elbow drop.  It is probably the last time I had that feeling about wrestling.

This is one of my favorite videos

• Like 2

So many great ones posted. Always loved the Angle return Clocks video... great hype. Those WM 27 ones ruled too... the Miz vid was crazy good, makes me miss Miz as a main eventer. Lonely Road of Faith & November Rain were both pretty perfect too.

Some more favs:

This was perfectly done:

Starrcade 85 one reminded me of this great classic:

fav return hype next to the Angle one:

http://youtu.be/wLQH-WueOVI

Always enjoyed this making a midcard feud seem like a bigger deal:

http://youtu.be/HHPZ2RrTHgs

• Like 1

Video packages are something WWE has ALWAYS done well. Even when the rest of the company is shit. I was always impressed when they had a Wrestlemania highlights package play at the end of Wrestlemania. It still stuns me how they got the last match in there.

"Running Up That Hill" is the best one they've ever done. They also had a short Johnny Cash one for that same match.

I agree with you on all you say. I miss the WrestleMania highlights package at the end of the show, we haven't had one since WrestleMania 25.

Running UP That Hill is the best video package the WWE has ever done.