DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Titans 2-15-16

MGFanJay

Is it a matter of not learning or outright refusing to learn and saying, "fuck the fans, they'll like what I tell them to like?"  The last organic babyface the company ever had, a small dude who was an awesome worker, retired last week and this week they're like, "FUCK IT, put six hosses in the main event!"

My point is, concussions aside, Daniel Bryan should have taught Vince some kind of lesson about what can get over and what people may enjoy seeing this decade.

Is it a matter of not learning or outright refusing to learn and saying, "fuck the fans, they'll like what I tell them to like?"  The last organic babyface the company ever had, a small dude who was an awesome worker, retired last week and this week they're like, "FUCK IT, put six hosses in the main event!"

My point is, concussions aside, Daniel Bryan should have taught Vince some kind of lesson about what can get over and what people may enjoy seeing this decade.

You seem to be indicating that 1. Hosses cannot get over organically, and 2. Nobody out there enjoys seeing the hosses go at it, neither of which are true - that was also the only segment on a three-hour show that featured said hosses. To suggest they aren't pushing smaller guys (Styles is right there in a high profile angle, not to mention Ambrose) just as hard/harder than the Wyatts is silly.

I imagine the lesson he learned was "those little guys don't last long enough to be built into stars".

As opposed to Cena and Orton, who are healthy and headlining?

You seem to be indicating that 1. Hosses cannot get over organically, and 2. Nobody out there enjoys seeing the hosses go at it, neither of which are true - that was also the only segment on a three-hour show that featured said hosses. To suggest they aren't pushing smaller guys (Styles is right there in a high profile angle, not to mention Ambrose) just as hard/harder than the Wyatts is silly.

I'm trying to say that Vince has no idea what people want to see if he thinks Braun Strowman is going to be the next big thing just because he's huge.  He's not the next Hogan or Lesnar.  He's the next Nathan Jones. 

• Like 1

I imagine the lesson he learned was "those little guys don't last long enough to be built into stars".

I'm trying to say that Vince has no idea what people want to see if he thinks Braun Strowman is going to be the next big thing just because he's huge.  He's not the next Hogan or Lesnar.  He's the next Nathan Jones. 

I think he's got a higher ceiling than Jones. I think if everything works out for all the people involved, Strowman could be the Kane to Colin Cassidy's Undertaker in that Big Cass will be the higher profile of the giants, get most of the wins and be most likely to main event more often than Strowman who will be a middle of the road giant who stays mostly in the mid-card and to be the mid-boss

I'm the wrong guy to argue this with, as I don't see Big Cass and all that special if you take him out of the Enzo & Cass act.  Vince is a mark for muscles or freakish size.  Cass is tall but alternates between skinny fat and somewhat lumpy, which is not a particularly special look in Vince's eyes. 

Also, how can anybody have a higher ceiling than Nathan Jones?  Jones was in Mad Max!  ;)

I'm the wrong guy to argue this with, as I don't see Big Cass and all that special if you take him out of the Enzo & Cass act.  Vince is a mark for muscles or freakish size.  Cass is tall but alternates between skinny fat and somewhat lumpy, which is not a particularly special look in Vince's eyes. 

Also, how can anybody have a higher ceiling than Nathan Jones?  Jones was in Mad Max!  ;)

Big Cass is an oversized Billy Gunn at this point to Enzo's modern day but better Road Dogg.

• Like 1

So Braun Strowman is going to eat a knee from Tony Jaa in the near future?

Of course!

I really, really, really, really hope to see 100,000 people following along with Enzo at WM.

EDIT: I'm using "dude" too much.

I'm super giddy at the thought of all those people going "How ya doin'", that will be super loud and so fucking awesome.  That's assuming of course 1. They're on the main roster by then and 2. All those people will know/give a shit about them.

At this point I feel comfortable saying Enzo is better than Cass. Enzo has turned into a real good face in peril, and has added a little offense(to upgrade from nothing). He also may be the best mic guy in the company.

Of course!

I really, really, really, really hope to see 100,000 people following along with Enzo at WM.

EDIT: I'm using "dude" too much.

I'm super giddy at the thought of all those people going "How ya doin'", that will be super loud and so fucking awesome.  That's assuming of course 1. They're on the main roster by then and 2. All those people will know/give a shit about them.

If you have something that involves fan participation, you're GOING to get over.

Maybe people like Bayley are in the "You can't bury her, we won't LET YOU!" level- but if Enzo and Cass don't get that over within a few weeks of their debut, shut NXT down right now because it's never going to translate to the main roster. 

So that main event began with the beautiful and redemptive promise that the Wyatts would have, in three short weeks, taken Kane, Ryback, and the Big Show off t.v.

...and ended with Kane, Ryback, and the Big Show standing in the ring and booked for Sunday's PPV.

FUCK THE WYATTS

Yeah...fuck the Wyatts.

I mean what with the spectacular booking they've been receiving and all.