DVDVR Message Board

Bellator 149: Shamrock vs. Gracie III (2/19/2016) - Houston, TX (Toyota Center)

Elsalvajeloco

I felt bad for Shamrock, still always root for him. What a terrible ending with those two top fights.

I've never watched a beheading before. This is what it must feel like afterwards though. There is a stain on my soul and I don't know if I can ever get it off.

• Like 1

Re: Kimbo/Dada.

I watched this show with my girlfriend, my two sisters my older sisters boyfriend and my younger sisters wife. We literally all laughed so hard we were worried we were gonna pass out. I think one of us demanded at one point to pause the fight on the DVR but we decided we had to keep watching. We laughed so hard we woke up my sister's kids.

What a beautiful debacle.

Let's be clear. Everything else in this decade is competing for second worst fight.

Fixed.  I think the following tweet sums it up:

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON  39m

Sharmell at ringside saying "Booker, I wasn't in the worst match ever"

TBH, it could be the worst bout in the history of organized combat sports. I am not even being sarcastic.

I didn't watch the fight, but there were alot of shitty fights in early ufc days. . . 

Those fights ain't even in the same stratosphere. FWIW, I'm also including the DEEP Megaton GP where you had 400+ pound Japanese men in overalls fighting each other.

I'm also including the fights from early DEEP where you had folks like Stalker Ichikawa fighting in MMA in full regalia.

I didn't watch the fight, but there were alot of shitty fights in early ufc days. . . 

Those fights ain't even in the same stratosphere. FWIW, I'm also including the DEEP Megaton GP where you had 400+ pound Japanese men in overalls fighting each other.

Goddamn. . . . .  I'm going to have to find a copy it now. . . .

Although, I will say this, my friend and I were laughing our asses off for those last two "fights." I'm just bummed we were denied the Kimbo/Houston Alexander finish.

Go back and watch the finish again. Kimbo misses a punch by two or three feet and IMMEDIATELY bends down to put his hands on his knees. Meanwhile, the gust of wind from the missed punch changes Dada's direction, he turns, staggers about six or seven feet, and flops right on his face. I have NEVER seen anything like that.

• Like 3

I'd love to know if Big John had any words for Coker after that fight. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere else in the world.

If he could have went to Dachau or the killing fields in Cambodia, he would have teleported himself as fast as possible.