DVDVR Message Board

Bellator 149: Shamrock vs. Gracie III (2/19/2016) - Houston, TX (Toyota Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Bellator_149_Shamrock_vs._Gracie_3_Poste

Bellator 149: Shamrock vs. Gracie III
February 19, 2016
Houston, TX (Toyota Center)

Ken Shamrock (201.2) vs. Royce Gracie (190.8) - Gracie, TKO (punches), R1 (2:22)
Kimbo Slice (232) vs. Dhafir Harris (265) - Slice, TKO (referee stoppage), R3 (1:32)
Melvin Guillard (156) vs. Derek Campos (155) - Campos, KO (punches), R2 (0:32)
Emanuel Newton (205) vs. Linton Vassell (205.4) - Vassell, DEC (unanimous)
Daniel Pineda (148.2) vs. Emmanuel Sanchez (149.2) - Sanchez, DEC (split)

Spike.com Preliminary Card:
Isaac Villanueva (185.8) vs. Richard Knepp (184.4) - Villanueva, TKO (punches), R1 (0:42)
Davis Sylvester (144.2) vs. Jeremy Mahon (144.4) - Mahon, TKO (punches), R2 (4:22)
Adrian Yanez (134.6) vs. Ryan Hollis (134.8) - Yanez, DEC (unanimous)
Jason Langellier (158.4) vs. Anthony Ivy (154) - Langellier, SUB (anaconda choke), R1 (2:09)
Justin Wren (247) vs. Juan Torres (259.8) - Wren, DEC (unanimous)
Mike Trinh (128.8) vs. Joe Zamora (129.4) - Trinh, SUB (armbar), R1 (3:49)
Ruben Esparza (184.2) vs. Clovis Hancock (185.6) - Hancock, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (1:26)
Manny Lozoya (142) vs. Jake Norsworthy (141.8) - Lozoya, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (2:33)

Rating: 1.964 million viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Melvin Guillard vs. Mike Bronzoulis - Injury to Bronzoulis
Adrian Yanez vs. Daniel Santos - Santos Visa Issues
Charlie Ontiveros vs. James Christopherson - Bout Nixed

so, i don't follow Bellator. i think the last event i watched was their PPV. i did catch the Shamrock/Kimbo fight tho.

anyway, out of morbid curiosity, i looked them up on wiki to see who their champs were (i was surprised that the Newton fight wasn't listed as a title bout). Anyway, what's up with their heavyweight title? their champ hasn't fought for them in almost 2 years but fights on random Russian cards? is he still under contract? what's the deal?

will watch this for Shamrock/Gracie III because i'm a glutton for punishment. anybody on the prelims worth checking out?

so, i don't follow Bellator. i think the last event i watched was their PPV. i did catch the Shamrock/Kimbo fight tho.

anyway, out of morbid curiosity, i looked them up on wiki to see who their champs were (i was surprised that the Newton fight wasn't listed as a title bout). Anyway, what's up with their heavyweight title? their champ hasn't fought for them in almost 2 years but fights on random Russian cards? is he still under contract? what's the deal?

will watch this for Shamrock/Gracie III because i'm a glutton for punishment. anybody on the prelims worth checking out?

Unless you love stories about pygmies, there is no one on the undercard of note. Just mostly all regional guys and Justin Wren.

Yeah, Minakov is under Bellator contract. Anyway, I think Minakov is *suppose* to be working out a deal with them to come back but who knows what that means. Those Fight Night cards are on Fight Pass now so he has been on more UFC sponsored broadcasts than Bellator ones. I think the problem is that Minakov is one of their least priorities. He is their HW champ and like the sixth or seventh most known HW they have by virtue of not being there for two years and being the champ of their most garbage division. There is no way in the world that he fights people like Shamrock or Kimbo. So basically what's the point? It would be easier for them to just vacate the belt so Lashley can win it. That way you at least have an excuse to main event shows with Bobby Lashley instead of him being third from the top. Otherwise, it's just dudes like Lashley, Sergei, and Mitrione (if he chooses to sign with Bellator) having random fights along with the freakshow element.

Ah yes, Justin Wren. His story is the only thing to really care for on the prelims.

I like freakshow fights, so there's a very good chance I'll catch the top 2 fights at least.

MMA just got set back 50 years with that fight.

Embarrassing as hell but lets be honest this is exactly what Bellator wants.   People will be talking for this disaster for years and years and that is all that matter

If you think this is the last we will see of Kimbo in Bellator you are naive as hell