DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - Halftime

Dolfan in NYC

Would hate for Bosh's career to end this way.

Same.  He seems to really enjoy playing and it'd be terrible for his career to be cut short this way.

Courtney Lee is going to Charlotte for PJ Hairston, Brian Roberts, and some 2nd rounders.

EDIT: IT's a 3-team deal, Memphis is also getting Birdman from Miami.  Not sure what Miami is getting.

Memphis is going all-in on crazy people.

Would hate for Bosh's career to end this way.

Same.  He seems to really enjoy playing and it'd be terrible for his career to be cut short this way.

Courtney Lee is going to Charlotte for PJ Hairston, Brian Roberts, and some 2nd rounders.

EDIT: IT's a 3-team deal, Memphis is also getting Birdman from Miami.  Not sure what Miami is getting.

Memphis is going all-in on crazy people.

The first year the G'n'G team arrived on the scene saw Tony Allen, Z-Bo, Iran's Hadaad Hammadi and pre-China Gilbert Arenas get minutes. And probably a bunch of other people I'm forgetting.

That franchise should exist solely to rehab crazy people and freak shows into a functioning basketball team capable of punching teams in the face before they inevitably go down in a playoff blaze of glory.

They came the closest to knocking off an absurdly good Golden State team. GSW had to gamble that Tony Allen couldn't make a jump shot and also benefited from being healthy while Michael Conley's foot was falling off. That's their purpose and why I love them.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Harris deal.

In theory, spoting up around the Jackson/Drummond PnR should help get his shooting percentage back up closer to last year, and he's a clear upgrade over Ersan if that happens.

I knew Jennings was leaving either now or after the season, but the Pistons bench is already a waste land, losing him as he rounds back into form is awful.

Maybe Jodie Meeks will get healthy?

Magic and Clippers are talking about a Frye/Stephenson trade, where Stephenson would get waived immediately.

So the Magic are clearing a bunch of cap space when the cap is going to jump in the offseason anyway, and tanking for what's going to be a pretty bad draft.

Bleacher Report saying that the Sixers are gauging interest in Okafor because OF COURSE THEY ARE.

The Sixers could have the Big Three of the Miami Heat of years past and they would still be gauging interest in them. . . .The Jazz are looking at a possible Trey Burke for Ty Lawson swap. . . .

Bleacher Report saying that the Sixers are gauging interest in Okafor because OF COURSE THEY ARE.

That's been the rumor since the day they picked him. I guess they think Embiid might actually play. They also have Saric who is 6'9"/6'10". I haven't checked +/- in a while but Okafor was last in the NBA in a +/- metric for a while. He and Nerlens were also on pace to be the worst duo in +/- in NBA history at one point. They don't really share the court at all. Brown wants to play fast and Nerlens was built for that. Okafor isn't.

That said, Okafor is a very efficient scorer. He's only a kid and if he keeps his head on straight will be a heck of a player.

I wonder what they can get for him. I hope a tangible player as opposed to another kick-the-can pick.