Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Rev Ray

The NASCAR Thread

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Dewar said:

Corey LaJoie's car for Go Fas Racing (a backmarker team that finished 29th last season, is currently 27th this season) will be sposored by a Trump-supporting PAC for nine Cup series races starting this weekend.

Mirroring Trump's re-election campaign, the wheels have already come off the car.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he will paint his car to look like the General Lee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe he will paint his car to look like the General Lee.

I’d rather see it painted like the old A-Team van with the big red stripe running down the side if we’re going for an old tv show theme (and yes I get the joke, or at least what I assume was a joke).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmie Johnson tested positive for COVID-19 today. He's out for this weekend's race at Indianapolis, and possibly longer. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 4:46 PM, Pete said:

Mirroring Trump's re-election campaign, the wheels have already come off the car.

Ohai.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... the Bubba Wallace story is going to blow up again. 

The President has demanded he apologize for the "noose hoax."  

*sigh*  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well... the Bubba Wallace story is going to blow up again. 

The President has demanded he apologize for the "noose hoax."  

*sigh*  

Just once, I want someone to call a press conference to "apologize" and walk up to the podium and say, "Fuck Donald Trump, and everybody down with him," and walk away.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well... the Bubba Wallace story is going to blow up again. 

The President has demanded he apologize for the "noose hoax."  

*sigh*  

If I had a dollar for every time some cracker on Twitter compared Bubba to Jussie Smollett in the last few weeks, I'd never have to work another day in my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, Bubba's Twitter game is reliably strong.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4_2020_1200x520_Bristol-AllStar-922x400.

6_2020_1200x520_Bristol-AllStar-922x400.

13_2020_1200x520_Bristol-AllStar-922x400

Full list of All Star paint schemes here. Also note the number placements...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pete said:

4_2020_1200x520_Bristol-AllStar-922x400.

6_2020_1200x520_Bristol-AllStar-922x400.

13_2020_1200x520_Bristol-AllStar-922x400

Full list of All Star paint schemes here. Also note the number placements...

Do you know why they moved the numbers? And you posted the best paint schemes by far. I’m bummed that the 48 looks the same as any other race weekend. 

As for the best looking one I can’t decide if I prefer the 4 or the 6. They’re both quite unique, and would make awesome diecasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The numbers are being moved as an experiment. I think the sponsors will appreciate the extra room they will get on the sides of the cars.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MavsFan77 said:

Do you know why they moved the numbers? And you posted the best paint schemes by far. I’m bummed that the 48 looks the same as any other race weekend. 

As for the best looking one I can’t decide if I prefer the 4 or the 6. They’re both quite unique, and would make awesome diecasts.

Oh, the diecasters are already in an uproar over these plus the new Bubba design.

Bubba IS Chick Hicks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dewar said:

The numbers are being moved as an experiment. I think the sponsors will appreciate the extra room they will get on the sides of the cars.

Yeah, for now it's a one-off. They're also going to have underglow lighting on each car.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the demonstration of the underglow. I liked it a lot, especially for the All-Star race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*spit-take*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn. RIP Chief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sponsor change for Reed Sorensen this weekend in Michigan.

Full story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...