DVDVR Message Board

The NASCAR (and other Racing) Thread

Rev Ray

I'm not quite sure what F1 has planned, but they're already describing the inaugural  Miami Grand Prix as their "Super Bowl", so it's apparently gonna be good.  

Also, meet my new favorite F1 driver:

• Like 1

I tried F1 today. Did anyone else have F1 shockingly break into their world over the past few weeks? My wife, my mom, and my mother-in-law both knew about the race in Miami. 

The pre-race interviews in the grid were the absolute greatest shitshow. I highly recommend going out of your way to watch as much of the Martin Brundle grid walk as possible. Dude thinking he was talking to Pat Mahomes and then found out it was Paolo Banchero had me in tears. But all of it was gold - Venus Williams gasfacing him, DJ Kahled, Pharrell Williams, etc. https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1523399778402402304 

As far as the race itself: That was a perfectly fine way to spend a few hours. I get why people really like F1 a lot. I feel like my relationship will be "Oh, F1's on, I'll keep this on for a while" and maybe will go out of my way to see a mammoth race. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That Childress tweet is terrible. They have not had a car finish in the top 10 of the final standings since Newman somehow made the final 4 in 2013. Give drivers a reason to stay, and they just might do it.

20 hours ago, Dewar said:

That Childress tweet is terrible. They have not had a car finish in the top 10 of the final standings since Newman somehow made the final 4 in 2013. Give drivers a reason to stay, and they just might do it.

Would Childress be mad enough to pay Riddick to sit for '23?