DVDVR Message Board

The "This is How Not to Cut a Fucking Promo" Thread - New Board Edition

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Continuing with the Dirty Player series: 

"I WANNA LECTROCUTE DEM, AN I WANNEM TO DIE! REDRUM, REDRUM, REDRUM!"

The man cannot even pronounce his own name...

I wonder if he knows that Rellik is Killer spelled backwards.

• Haha 3

I don't know what's killing me worse; "It don't BODDER me nun ..." or that he calls his son "Lil DP".  

Or how my brain keeps wanting to turn the title of that 2nd vid into "Dirty Player Shoots on the AARP Commissioner."

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve been watching Smoky Mountain for the first time lately, and hoooo boy, the promo Ronnie Garvin cuts when he’s announced as being Brian Lee’s tag partner against Dirty White Boy and Paul Orndorff is soooooo awkward. I couldn’t find it on YouTube, but it’s from episode #24 or so. Was Garvin generally considered a good promo guy? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2018 at 8:49 PM, Meltzing Pot said:

I’ve been watching Smoky Mountain for the first time lately, and hoooo boy, the promo Ronnie Garvin cuts when he’s announced as being Brian Lee’s tag partner against Dirty White Boy and Paul Orndorff is soooooo awkward. I couldn’t find it on YouTube, but it’s from episode #24 or so. Was Garvin generally considered a good promo guy? 

Ronnie was a perfectly serviceable '70s promo guy when a promo consisted of "I'm going to face so and so next Friday and leave the kids home because it's going to be ugly!" The problem is once we got into the 1980s and thanks to the likes of Piper and Flair, some actual acting chops were considered helpful Ronnie was still playing checkers when everyone else had moved on to chess. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/29/2013 at 10:18 PM, Territorial said:

Was watching this a bit earlier and got nostalgic for the bad promo thread. 

From USWA, the video debut of the Dream Warriors.  Three awful promos for the price of one.

First guy says they’re coming to Memphis even though they don’t want to, second guy says we’ve been waiting for year to come to Memphis. I always thought a team called The Dream Warriors who came out to Dokken would have been money ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1