DVDVR Message Board

The "This is How Not to Cut a Fucking Promo" Thread - New Board Edition

One of my favorite terrible promos of all time.  From aping The Rock's shtick to getting caught up in the "Whats" this is a master class in what not to do in a promo.

Libby's really missed the boat by never hiring Juvy to be the spokesman for Juicy Juice.

• Like 1

One of my favorite terrible promos of all time.  From aping The Rock's shtick to getting caught up in the "Whats" this is a master class in what not to do in a promo.

Libby's really missed the boat by never hiring Juvy to be the spokesman for Juicy Juice.

Cocaine's a helluva drug. What the hell is a "juicy house"?

One of my favorite terrible promos of all time. From aping The Rock's shtick to getting caught up in the "Whats" this is a master class in what not to do in a promo.

Libby's really missed the boat by never hiring Juvy to be the spokesman for Juicy Juice.Cocaine's a helluva drug. What the hell is a "juicy house"?
What the hell is a juicy house? That is like asking the meaning of life? Nobody really knows the answer.

Jerry Lynn apparently having a mental breakdown on WWE TV

Did he really say that he's worked all his life to become the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion? BOO-urns!

What was he supposed to do? Go out and say "Yeah, I know this belt doesn't mean shit."  At least he tried to put it over like it meant something. I also love Lynn working in his love of metal w/ the growl at the end.

Speaking of Juventud

This is comedy.

The horrible interview is at the end. Juventud stole a line from your boy AntiChrist: "Let me tell you one more thing."

Tony Shiovanie making up names of moves. Comedy man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmkl_RNNDyg

My favorite Juvi moment is when he first saw Prince Iaukea in his "Artist" gimmick and he said something like, "wow, they finally found something for the worst wrestler in the company to do". I wish I could find that on youtube.

So I'm watching the McMemphis angle in USWA from 1993, and this idiot that gets on the mic after Lawler has to be one of the biggest fucking idiots on the planet. You could tell that Dave Brown wanted to beat him over the head for being such a dumb fuck that he DIDN'T EVEN GET DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA WHILE CUTTING THE PROMO!!!!

• 2 weeks later...