DVDVR Message Board

The "This is How Not to Cut a Fucking Promo" Thread - New Board Edition

I think imagining it was antifreeze or wiper fluid and that he drank it before said video makes the video better. Or at least there's a reason for it. idk I've talked enough about that joker for the next decade.

And I do believe this is Tyson Kidd's last promo and the last time they let Kelly talk on a live mic:

This had everything that a bad promo does:

- No chemistry between the speakers

- Terrible voices

- Both people used words that they didn't understand

- Not an ounce of charisma

• 1 month later...

Road Dogg seems to be "in no condition to perform" here, as he struggles in vain to diss Edge and Christian.

http://youtu.be/6kv4VB0Uyic

THANK YOU for putting this one on here...the night it happened, I couldnt stop laughing afterward...I think I rewound the tape afterward like 100 times...

"That doesnt even make sense..."

"BOFF"

"What are you guys, like 7?"

By far, even to this day, the BEST live putdown I have seen in wrestling where the other guy could do NOTHING about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I feel like Roman Reigns did that promo with the wink-and-smile necessary to let me know that he knows how stupid it was. 

Also, I bet Vince McMahon performs his own writing for promos in front of the mirror to test it out, a la Aaron Sorkin. I wish I had video of him ripping out a "ddddddDONKEY DUNG...FOR BRAINSSSSS" and then smiling to himself like he just wrote "The Destruction of Sennacherib" or something. 

I'm imagining whoever was responsible for writing Roman's lines woke up late and was reminded of his assignment as he hurried into the office, so he scrambled through the items on his desk for the first thing he could pass on, which happened to be a rejected draft of a Cena promo and just scribbled through "Cena" with a pen.

Reigns is at least trying to make it work. The crowd reacted to what he was saying at least. Rollins is a bad promo because he doesn't wow anyone despite all the practice he has had. He gets at least 10 minutes of promo time every damn show and not one of them has been anything close to memorable.

I swear, if I ever get within arm's distance of Teddy Hart, I might go for it. He is so fucking punchable.

How will you deal with his army of trained cats? You really think they'll let you get within punching distance?

I swear, if I ever get within arm's distance of Teddy Hart, I might go for it. He is so fucking punchable.

How will you deal with his army of trained cats? You really think they'll let you get within punching distance?

I have three cats. They'll wait for it to finish then snack on the leftovers.