DVDVR Message Board

The "This is How Not to Cut a Fucking Promo" Thread - New Board Edition

Was watching this a bit earlier and got nostalgic for the bad promo thread. 

From USWA, the video debut of the Dream Warriors.  Three awful promos for the price of one.

The manager isn't bad as a kind of direct-to-video equivalent of Paul E.

The Warriors on the other hand...

Was watching this a bit earlier and got nostalgic for the bad promo thread. 

From USWA, the video debut of the Dream Warriors.  Three awful promos for the price of one.

The manager isn't bad as a kind of direct-to-video equivalent of Paul E.

The Warriors on the other hand...

Did the bald one blow up during his promo?

• Like 2

Sorry, but the thing bothered me most about the AJ promo was the fucking audience. "YES!" at a TNA show. That's like that one indy show with Mr. Belding where the faces started doing WWE catchphrases. It's fucking stupid. The promo was just fine. It's pretty compelling and energetic throughout. Why would that go in this thread? There are some suck ass promos in wrestling history.

Sorry, but the thing bothered me most about the AJ promo was the fucking audience. "YES!" at a TNA show. That's like that one indy show with Mr. Belding where the faces started doing WWE catchphrases. It's fucking stupid. The promo was just fine. It's pretty compelling and energetic throughout. Why would that go in this thread? There are some suck ass promos in wrestling history.

How are those two things anything alike? Are the fans workers now? Is it fans job to get the show over? If you're gonna complain about fans chanting shit to amuse themselves well I'm afraid that ship sailed like 15 years ago. 

How are those two things anything alike? Are the fans workers now? Is it fans job to get the show over? If you're gonna complain about fans chanting shit to amuse themselves well I'm afraid that ship sailed like 15 years ago. 

This makes me imagine a show where McMahon is yelling "Dammit, cheer for the other guy!" in the fans' headsets.

• Like 1

This makes me imagine a show where McMahon is yelling "Dammit, cheer for the other guy!" in the fans' headsets.

Delete this post right this instant before this becomes a "feature" on the WWE app.

AJ from tonight.

That was brutal.  Probably not all-time awful, but AJ's a decent enough promo and that was probably his worst promo in quite a while.

And it's really hard to take him serious while he's wearing those oversized gloves. 

He may have gotten a new name and Heyman as a mouthpiece, he'll always be the NXT Season 2 runner-up to me.

Of course, NXT 2 was notorious for its bad promos, so let's just get some more of those out of the way.

• Like 1