DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Grateful 2-8-16

MGFanJay

Sorry guys for seeing a carny and calling a carny a carny. A person can show support for someone without stepping into the spotlight. Brie Bella should not have been out there. WWE didn't send her out for Mania and told her to stay in the back and that was the right call. If she wanted to come out after the cameras went off- fine. But she was with him all day and just wanted to use this time to get herself over for Fastlane and leech off the last of the gravy train. I can't believe its not obvious to some of you. Brie brought down a legit feel good moment. Bryan was the focus. No one else. If anyone should be standing in the ring next to him it should probably be him mom and sister, you know the two girls that were never trying to just latch onto the fastest bus out Tempe.

• Like 1

I know this much is true: the crowds won't get behind another wrestler for a long time like they did with Daniel Bryan. That's something you can't book to happen - it just occurs organically and it's beautiful. When that happens, and they eventually ride off into the sunset, you can literally feel the void they've left behind. That's something special and it doesn't happen too often. Some people might not get it or understand why it happens, but to those of us that rallied behind him - it felt real. And isn't that why we're all watching this crazy sport called pro wrestling? To get heavily invested in a character and believing, even if it's only for a moment, that it's real?

He honestly made it feel real, and brought emotion and passion into his craft. We could all feel it, and I think judging by tonight - he could too. Thank you, Bryan Danielson.

• Like 6

Sorry guys for seeing a carny and calling a carny a carny. A person can show support for someone without stepping into the spotlight. Brie Bella should not have been out there. WWE didn't send her out for Mania and told her to stay in the back and that was the right call. If she wanted to come out after the cameras went off- fine. But she was with him all day and just wanted to use this time to get herself over for Fastlane and leech off the last of the gravy train. I can't believe its not obvious to some of you. Brie brought down a legit feel good moment. Bryan was the focus. No one else. If anyone should be standing in the ring next to him it should probably be him mom and sister, you know the two girls that were never trying to just latch onto the fastest bus out Tempe.

It certainly does seem like someone is trying to use this moment to get themselves over like a real carny.

• Like 13

I wish I could say I was surprised at fans booing him for not willing to risk further brain damage (after he actually explained his brain damage) and mentioning his wife, but I'm not. Wrestling fans sure know how to be the pieces of trash you expect them to be and ruin a great moment for someone they "love". 

Good Lord... They were booing concussions, not Daniel Bryan. There's healthy cynicism and then there's whatever it is that's ailing you. You must be as much fun at parties as Saran Wrap over the toilet bowl....

• Like 2

One more thing that was pretty awesome on this show.  Naomi absolutely destroyed Sasha with a punch or forearm.  All of Sasha's accessories went flying. Nice strike.

Followed by Becky hitting a gorgeous Exploder Suplex on the outside.  That whole sequence was great. 

It's really the end of an era. Joe and AJ have gone bigtime, Daniels never really got his shake, Low-Ki screwed Low-Ki and Punk's gone MMA.

DB was the standard of American wrestling for a long-time and basically took up where Chris Benoit left off for me. He was the guy that gave normal people hope that skill and hardwork pay off. He got held back but he was always the man. DB was the future but now he's the past.

I haven't watched much wrestling and it's just passed me by, mostly due to the treatment of Daniel Bryan. Wrestling just gave me things I didn't want for too long and all of the people I really had a connection with like Yuhi and Yuzuki Aikawa quit, while others like Cesaro and Asuka still haven't got their shot.

I don't care what anyone says. DB never got his fair shake and was never appreciated or respected. He was treated like garbage from his very first NXT appearance and he didn't get even treated like a human until the crowd forced it. Even then, WWE didn't really give all of its effort and now it's too late. WWE squandered something special because they couldn't see past the size.

I don't believe we've seen the end of him. Give him a couple of years and I'm certain we will see him at the Dome. I'll be waiting for that.

• Like 2

I see some people are huge Brie Bella fans, so I will stop talking about the goddess.

As for the rest of  Raw,

Mark Henry with New Day was great.

The Dudleys going heel should be somewhat fresh.

Ambrose looked like a badass all night taking an ass whooping and yet still welcoming the fight.

The Wyatt match did nothing for Ryback in terms of favors.

Stephanie stepping in to make Bryan's moment somehow about her was just amazing and predictable at the same time.

The problem with the ignore feature is that it doesn't matter if you ignore someone because every time the person you ignored says something awful you can count on seven people to quote the awful shit because it's so fucking awful that they can't help it.

• Like 13

So do we know if Jimmy (probably Jey never get those right  :ph34r:  ) isn't seriously hurt because that didn't look good at all.  I mean if they are going to put the New Day in matches against guys they have faced 20 times already, at least a TLC match would be awesome to see at Wrestlemania 

Just making sure, I am not in the Observer message board right   :unsure:

I wish I could say I was surprised at fans booing him for not willing to risk further brain damage (after he actually explained his brain damage) and mentioning his wife, but I'm not. Wrestling fans sure know how to be the pieces of trash you expect them to be and ruin a great moment for someone they "love".

I was there. No one booed his wife. Quit making shit up just to be a contrarian dumbfuck.

• Like 15