DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Grateful 2-8-16

MGFanJay

Good speech by Bryan at the end, its unfortunate that his wife yet again wants to use a seminole moment in her husbands career to try and get herself over.

Hey, asshole.  The word you're going for, is s-e-m-i-n-a-l.  Seminal...  much like the stains your mom finds in your sheets after you think about Brie Bella FINALLY being yours.

I said goddamn.

More thoughts on the show:

1) Seriously, the Daniel Bryan retirement segment really captured why I still love this crap.

2) I thought Stephanie was so great at preventing the crowd from hijacking the first segment. She did some great, brief heel work there. I loved how the two faces both made her look like a total chump. Brock looked like an absolute friggin' monster.

3) Dean just wanting some of Brock and always coming back was so friggin' badass. I loved the callback to the Undertaker/Lesnar stuff, when Taker could only get the best of Brock via a nutshot. Every monster needs a weakness. Love that Dean's willing to do some dirty deeds.

4) I really liked the Wyatts/Ryback segment. Bray's Sister Abigail to Ryback looked a lot like that crazy one he did to Rey two years ago. Just snapped that in. Bray's street preaching over the body of Ryback was also really good stuff.

5) Dolph beating Owens via chickanery was an interesting twist to end that match. Hopefully it goes somewhere.

6) I love Charlotte and Ric's act. This match stunk. Alicia Fox really doesn't have a lot of stuff down. Charlotte can have really good matches but she's not able to carry someone yet.

7) Miz continues to do some great heel work. Him stirring the pot is making me want to see Jericho vs. AJ more than the thought of Jericho vs. AJ. Other than that dope backfist, I'm really not feeling AJ yet.

8) The Sasha/Beck vs. BAD stuff is a lot of fun. That was a pretty well put together match. My feed broke up a bit but I love how the story progressed. Becky's suplex on the floor was so good looking. I can watch Tamina kicking girls in the jaw all day long. This is a really good b-feud.

9) The New Day/Henry stuff was a blast. I have no idea why but the Usos painting each other's faces before a match really cracks me up. I'll be fine with a Dudleys/Usos thing in the background.

The rest I just forgot about/was doing something else.

Good show even before the DB stuff.

I think Raw is bad and just watched RINGS instead when I realised he was gonna close the show but I stayed awake until 6AM for DB's thing and I don't regret it for a second. A great wrestler, a great human being, and if you didn't cry screw you.

Good speech by Bryan at the end, its unfortunate that his wife yet again wants to use a seminole moment in her husbands career to try and get herself over.

Hey, asshole.  The word you're going for, is s-e-m-i-n-a-l.  Seminal...  much like the stains your mom finds in your sheets after you think about Brie Bella FINALLY being yours.  

Hey for all you know Daniel Bryan could be part native american!

• Like 1

Raw really should just be built around Brock killing people and throwing furniture around, though.

We all know that. Deep down.  

There should be a game where you're Brock Lesnar and you have to throw heavy objects at wrestlers. I would play the fuck out of that game.

Raw really should just be built around Brock killing people and throwing furniture around, though.

There should be a game where you're Brock Lesnar and you have to throw heavy objects at wrestlers. I would play the fuck out of that game.

Just remake the good Incredible Hulk game from fat old XBox where he ran around wrecking buildings and stuff.

Like Streets of Rage but what makes it so hard to score points is that everyone is running away from you the whole time.

Sorry guys for seeing a carny and calling a carny a carny. A person can show support for someone without stepping into the spotlight. Brie Bella should not have been out there. WWE didn't send her out for Mania and told her to stay in the back and that was the right call. If she wanted to come out after the cameras went off- fine. But she was with him all day and just wanted to use this time to get herself over for Fastlane and leech off the last of the gravy train. I can't believe its not obvious to some of you. Brie brought down a legit feel good moment. Bryan was the focus. No one else. If anyone should be standing in the ring next to him it should probably be him mom and sister, you know the two girls that were never trying to just latch onto the fastest bus out Tempe.

Seriously, the fuck is wrong with you?

Never been a big a fan of Bryan as others, but he was one my favorites to watch the last few years so I'm disappointed to see him having to retire this wya. On the other hand I'm happy he chose health and family over endangering himself further, and his speech was fantastic. Going to miss him.

I barely watched WWE from 2003 to 2010 and hearing that Bryan was actually doing stuff made me start paying attention again.  It's a bit odd considering I was kind of indifferent to him when he was on the indies - I really enjoyed him as a wrestler but for a majority of his indy run he was pretty devoid of personality.  It's really sad his career ended up the way it did, though I wonder if they had put him in a higher profile spot, would the injuries have mounted sooner and been more severe?

The rest of the show was the same stuff over and over again.  Apparently every Raw requires some sort of match between The Usos and New day, Ziggler and Owens, and Kalisto and Del Rio.  And of course making sure they get the same amount of wins traded.

I wish I could say I was surprised at fans booing him for not willing to risk further brain damage (after he actually explained his brain damage) and mentioning his wife, but I'm not. Wrestling fans sure know how to be the pieces of trash you expect them to be and ruin a great moment for someone they "love". 

Good Lord... They were booing concussions, not Daniel Bryan. There's healthy cynicism and then there's whatever it is that's ailing you. You must be as much fun at parties as Saran Wrap over the toilet bowl....

They were booing when he said he couldn't wrestle any more. Because he had brain damage. And they were booing because they wanted him to have more matches, not understanding that he has brain damage because of wrestling. And then booing the mention of his wife because lolfuckthebellas. Disgusting people in that crowd.

• Like 1

Like Streets of Rage but what makes it so hard to score points is that everyone is running away from you the whole time.

It's tricky. Sometimes you hit a kid in the front row with a car door and you lose 100 points.

• Like 1

Was that Titus and Vince fucking around?

Titus seems like he's always messing with Vince when he's around.

I think Titus realizes that he's likely going to be employed-for-life with all of his charitable endeavors/great PR/etc. so he can just fuck with Vince whenever he wants and decides to roll with it.

Looks like WWE is getting exactly the narrative they wanted out of this, too: Deadspin's article about the show concludes that this shows WWE cares more about brain health than the NFL.

Everybody's a winner.

Vince: "Hey, I'm WAY too smart to let Will Smith make a harsh but critically acclaimed movie about me!"

The rest of the show was the same stuff over and over again.  Apparently every Raw requires some sort of match between The Usos and New day, Ziggler and Owens, and Kalisto and Del Rio.  And of course making sure they get the same amount of wins traded.

Who exactly does it help to have Kevin Owens lose to Dolph Ziggler like five times on free t.v. just so he can beat him once on PPV?

It's fucking madness.

Looks like WWE is getting exactly the narrative they wanted out of this, too: Deadspin's article about the show concludes that this shows WWE cares more about brain health than the NFL.

Everybody's a winner.

Vince: "Hey, I'm WAY too smart to let Will Smith make a harsh but critically acclaimed movie about me!"

I don't think it was all that critically acclaimed. And context be damned, now I want VKM to be played by Will Smith.

Everybody's a winner.

Will Smith playing Vince McMahon in a movie would either be his finest work ever or a train wreck of epic proportions. Either way I would watch it.