DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Grateful 2-8-16

MGFanJay

Hard to believe that Bryan's WWE run was only around six years - and really about three on TV without injury. He did a ton in that time. The show itself wasn't much other than Bryan's speech, but it was an amazing speech. Just an all-time classic about him being a grateful person because of wrestling, because of the fans, and because everything he has - good and bad, he has because of pro wrestling. He met his wife due to wrestling and appreciates every fan who cheered for him.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/02/wwe-raw-2-8-16-danielson-retirement-show.html

Screens - 

60b0a7464099070.jpg 

1e0196464099073.jpg 

4394bb464099078.jpg 

SHAKA BRAH!
61a625464099136.jpg 

d1a299464107999.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/ppz1rn4zw0r6h5eds5l4aqp4iwfpj5c8

• Like 1

I had this weird feeling when he was first standing there with his eyes closed that even Brie had no idea if he was going to go through with it.

Shit got pretty real, though when he laid out that he had three concussions in his first five months wrestling and said it not like it was unusual or bad luck but was just what happens in wrestling.

I wish I could say I was surprised at fans booing him for not willing to risk further brain damage (after he actually explained his brain damage) and mentioning his wife, but I'm not. Wrestling fans sure know how to be the pieces of trash you expect them to be and ruin a great moment for someone they "love". 

Damn, he went so long my DVR cut out right as he started talking about his Dad. I'll have to wait for the whole thing to show up on Youtube. This is not a complaint about him going long, by the way.

Any other night, we'd all be creaming ourselves over that Henry/New Day stuff.

I wish I could say I was surprised at fans booing him for not willing to risk further brain damage (after he actually explained his brain damage) and mentioning his wife, but I'm not. Wrestling fans sure know how to be the pieces of trash you expect them to be and ruin a great moment for someone they "love". 

Please stop. Jesus.

• Like 11

I think they were trying to boo concussions.

Good speech by Bryan at the end, its unfortunate that his wife yet again wants to use a seminole moment in her husbands career to try and get herself over. I guess this is the last time she can leech off Bryan's heat and with the match coming up at Fastlane, it makes sense for WWE to send her out. Connor McGregor's girlfriend is just as hungry for the camera than Brie, but she is so much less endearing.

Was that Titus and Vince fucking around?

The story about his Dad got me, well everything got me.  Great speech.  Awesome wrestler. Tremendous career.  I think maybe next year he goes in the Hall of Fame. 

The second best part of the night was Brock doing shit like this. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Good speech by Bryan at the end, its unfortunate that his wife yet again wants to use a seminole moment in her husbands career to try and get herself over. I guess this is the last time she can leech off Bryan's heat and with the match coming up at Fastlane, it makes sense for WWE to send her out. Connor McGregor's girlfriend is just as hungry for the camera than Brie, but she is so much less endearing.

Or, ya know, she loves her husband and went out there because of that.

• Like 21

I, like most of you no doubt, have taken crap from people for watching men pretend to fight each other. But tonight's one of those times where I feel bad for people who don't like professional wrestling. There is no other form of entertainment where fans feel as connected to the performers.

• Like 3

Are you in gimmick mode or just being an asshole.

• Like 2

From the Detroit Fairgrounds to Met Life Stadium I saw him live. #ThankYouDanielBryan

What the fuck is wrong with you?
  • Like 16

This is fucking insane. In the history of Hollywood Cibernetico posts, this is most Hollywood Cibernetico ass post ever.

• Like 6

Wrestling is such a brutal horrible, wonderful mistress. It's given us so much over the years and taken so much away. 

I hope it's a happy ending for him. 

As for the rest of us.

You've watched this in the last two days. Watch this again. It's a panacea. There's still so much joy in this messed up, stupid thing we all love.

• Like 6

There aren't enough words to express the level of problems you have.

• Like 10

Are you in gimmick mode or just being an asshole.

If you've gotta ask, you know the answer.