DVDVR Message Board

DANIEL BRYAN DUMPSTER FIRE THREAD

RIPPA

If WWE had any sense at Mania or the night after Mania they would have Linda McMahon do an angle where she strips The Authority of it's power and has Daniel Bryan in as the new General Manager but you don't see him every week and just have him special appearences like Jack Tunney used to do, the Authority Figure storyline is stale as hell right now, they need to do something.

• Like 2

Re: the What If for 2014:

I think we don't really like to think about this, but Bryan probably wouldn't have done great as champion. 

1.) They had booked him strongly going into Mania (after January or so), but he was booked much more like Rey as champion. This involved running from Kane, Brie in peril, etc. Fans were starting to turn on him on the Raws after Mania because of how he was being booked. He even made the "Well, I guess I know how John Cena feels" quip.

2.) The Plan, at least according to Meltzer, was always for Reigns. Bryan was there to be a sympathetic figure for Brock to destroy on the path along the way. 

3.) WWE screws up everything in the end. We can't have anything nice.

They obviously loved telling stories with Bryan. He had a lot of really good ones right from the start. His feud with The Miz was a great jumping off point. His heel turn to win his first major title and emotional manipulation of AJ was great, too. Team Hell No got him over to the point where it led to his big push to Cena and the Yes Movement. He even had the side diversion with Bray. And, of course, there was Occupy Raw and WrestleMania.

There would have also been a bunch of good Bryan/Roman matches, too. Their one PPV match was aces.

• Like 1

Gotta say, as much of a fan as I was of Punk and Bryan, I'm not going to miss the eternal debate about the quality of their pushes. Was their ever two WWE performers who were ever so micro-scrutinized week-to-week about their matches, angles, segment placement, treatment on commentary etc? 

• Like 1

Gotta say, as much of a fan as I was of Punk and Bryan, I'm not going to miss the eternal debate about the quality of their pushes. Was their ever two WWE performers who were ever so micro-scrutinized week-to-week about their matches, angles, segment placement, treatment on commentary etc? 

Nope. I won't  miss that stuff, either.

• Like 1

Just try having Paul London as your favorite wrestler and see him being wasted on Velocity week after week, month after month, year after year.

I'm sure we'll have to go through the same agony again with Sami Zayn.

Assuming this retirement isn't a Shawn Michaels deal and he doesn't come back in a few years (which could be entirely plausible if he wants to wrestle in Japan or something) it really was a great send off. Me being the jaded and bitter person that I am, I was expecting someone to come out to crash the even to try and ruin it to set something up. I'm glad it didn't happen.

Seeing Bryan and Brie kinda gives me hope for the world. Them two and their lil Josie the French bulldog on instagram, it's a great little family. He's got the life. I'm sure he's got his money. I would imagine someone like JBL gives some of "the boys" financial tips on what to do with their money. Hell, for all we know he might have directed Bryan towards his wife's financial firm as a client so I'm reasonably sure between Bryan's penny pinching and that he's probably comfortable. Plus I think both the Bella's went and got Real Estate licenses. I'm not sure I'd buy something from Nikki, but I would from Brie.

I can think of a few.......Jericho, Benoit, Eddy, Malenko. 

The best part about is that all the guys who were griped about (Jericho, Benoit, Eddy, Punk, Bryan. Not Dean but sub in Rey for him.) ended up winning the big strap and three of them (Benoit/Eddy/Bryan) signed off WrestleMania with confetti falling around that.

Like... everything people of our ilk wanted for those guys essentially came through to large degrees.

• Like 2

A lot of guys have done well in WWE that I wouldn't have expected to.  More recently, guys have gotten signed that I never would have thought would get signed.  Evan Bourne did far more than I would have thought in WWE (and I'll freely admit that he made his own bed with how things ended for him there).

Celebritynetworth values Bryan at 5 million and Brie at 1.  They obviously don't live an ostentatious life and I don't know what residual/royalty payouts are like and what kind of deal they have, but I'd imagine those will keep them set for a while. 

• Like 1

So, here's the thing I'm wanting clarification on - is he retired from in-ring competition only, or from the whole company? If it's the former, surely they'll keep him along for PR appearances and the like.

Well my guess is just in ring since I saw three ads for WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan being at some auto show on friday during RAW

Brie's still working and they both have Total Divas. He can still make good money for years off of appearances and merch. And I'm sorry but if WWE can't find a way to use the wrestling brain Bryan Danielson possesses, then they aren't trying. I don't see any reason to think they're going to have money troubles going forward.

Bryan and Brie live in Arcadia in the Phoenix area, which is a nice-but-not-super expensive neighborhood. Give me 6M at 4% and I could buy a nice, tacky McMansion in a Phoenix suburb for a relatively low price and live really well off the interest. If they were living in Seattle, different story. 

I always think, Man, I could have bought a nice house in Phoenix for a steal. Then I remember that I'd have to live in Arizona, and I remember why I didn't buy a house in Phoenix.