DVDVR Message Board

Gonzo

I will tentatively say that I enjoyed what the Browns did last night. They drafted a player they clearly coveted after trading down, and they collected enough assets for next years draft to both move up to a top pick while still keeping their own inevitably high pick. I'm sure they will screw up the actual picks, but everything they did works in a vacuum. 

Tunsil literally just hit his dream job and found out that someone is actually out to destroy his life in a supervillain one of way in the same day. 

I hope he lasts fifteen years and becomes a hall of famer. Cause fuck whoever is after him like this.

• Like 3

In regards to Tunsil... Yes, it's shitty that this stuff came up on draft day... But sooner or later it's his own responsibility. Millennials need to start thinking about the consequences of their actions. It wasn't like he was casually enjoying a joint or a bowl, he went full Pineapple Express with the mask and bong which is straight up Gordon and Blackmon material. Stop blaming the hacker and start thinking about Tunsil. He deserves a second chance, but don't act like he slipped and fell in the bong and mask.

Hackenburg drafted to the Jets.  So I think that is a QB drafted in the last 3 years.  Two times in the 2nd round.  

Bucs drafted a kicker in the 2nd round.    Clearly they are getting bored or looking for the Rich Eisen cheap pop

41 minutes ago, KidNatural said:

In regards to Tunsil... Yes, it's shitty that this stuff came up on draft day... But sooner or later it's his own responsibility. Millennials need to start thinking about the consequences of their actions. It wasn't like he was casually enjoying a joint or a bowl, he went full Pineapple Express with the mask and bong which is straight up Gordon and Blackmon material. Stop blaming the hacker and start thinking about Tunsil. He deserves a second chance, but don't act like he slipped and fell in the bong and mask.

ITS NOT EVEN ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE

GRRR MILLENIALS I WISH THEY WERE MORE RESPONSIBLE LIKE CHILDREN OF THE HIPPIE DAYS

• Like 3

The Dolphins don't care about the weed.  Tunsil passed his drug test at the Combine, so that's not a big thing.  Having a stepfather who may literally want to destroy your life?  That's what would have scared me off in drafting him.  No one wants those problems.  That sort of thing tends to end with bullets and life bids.

Okay... My bad. Tunsil was not an idiot who allowed himself to be filmed making a horrific life choice... He is the victim of horrendous plot by an evil mastermind of Luthorian magnitude that cost him millions of dollars. No, it's in the middle. 

When I said millenials it includes the generation after us that continues to make mistake after mistake regarding social media.

Marijuana should be legalized. Period. Tunsil cost himself millions, just like Shane Ray did. But it's from here that he's going to his revenge.

Seriously.  And the story of this draft isn't Tunsil.  It's Connor Cook, sinking like a fucking stone.

From Magary's Draft piece on Thursday:

“Let’s put it this way: he’s not Kirk Cousins,” another scout said. “The person kills him. Selfish. He goes out too much. It’s a tell-tale sign when your teammates don’t like you, and I know they don’t. He’s good, but that position is more than physical attributes. It’s also leadership. Is he going to lead your guys? I don’t think so. He’ll be a starter but I don’t think he can lead you to the promised land.” Fifth-year senior from Hinckley, Ohio. Passer rating was 95.2, Wonderlic was 25. “He stinks,” a third scout said. “Wildly inaccurate (57.5% career). Average arm, average mobility, average field vision. Not a leader. Not aware. Someone will take him in the second, third or fourth round and he’s going to disappoint. The owner needs to fire the GM right after they pick him if someone takes him in the first. But when the Buffalo Bills took EJ Manuel in the first, all bets are off.”

JESUS. Whose baby did Connor Cook murder? I wanna meet Cook in person, so that I can verify his prickishness. Some wily team may end up getting the Asshole Discount on him.

• Like 1

Glad the Cowboys passed on Hackenburg as their QB of the future. That guy even looks like a Ken doll; probably even has a smooth plastic space where his genitals are supposed to be. Hey, look, he and Cook both have the same sucky career completion percentage. Then again, the Cowboys still had a highly dubious draft. Their history picking injury red-flag linebackers recently is well-known and it ain't worth a damn. It also needs to be pointed out that the next running back selected after Elliott was Henry picked an astounding 41 spots later. In other words the Cowboys better hope Lynch ends up being more Brock Osweiller in a shinier wrapper than the next Big Ben and that Elliott averages a yard and a half more per carry and 500 yards more per season than Henry. Because they easily could have had their QB of the future and a workhorse to carry the workload in the rare event that Romo's back doesn't go out again this season and the nickel plating on his shoulder works wonders for a season or two. As it is diminutive Dana Jacobson doppleganger Kellen Moore and Elliott aren't going to win any more games than Cassel/McFadden did last season.  Maybe I should take it as a good omen that Elliott has even worse fashion sense than Emmitt who could at least plead his case "that it was the nineties and shit" for his hideous wardrobe choices.  

My character issue with Tunsil is owning up to getting paid. That shit is an omerta situation. Eric Dickerson to this day takes the fifth on those questions. 

College kid smokes weed is less than nothing.

On another note, Panthers have drafted exactly like the Panthers thus far. I'm sure it works out but I would have preferred some o line help and/or a WR. BUT In Gettleman We Trust.

• Like 1