DVDVR Message Board

Gonzo

If someone wants to move this to the "Offseason" thread, that's fine. . .just thought it might be good to have it separate.

Anyway, here's your full first-round selection order.

1) Tennessee Titans

2) Cleveland Browns

3) San Diego Chargers

4) Dallas Cowboys

5) Jacksonville Jaguars

6) Baltimore Ravens

7) San Francisco 49ers

8) Miami Dolphins

9) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

10) New York Giants

11) Chicago Bears

12) New Orleans Saints

13) Philadelphia Eagles

14) Oakland Raiders

15) Los Angeles Rams

16) Detroit Lions

17) Atlanta Falcons

18) Indianapolis Colts

19) Buffalo Bills

20) New York Jets

21) Washington Redskins

22) Houston Texans

23) Minnesota Vikings

24) Cincinnati Bengals

25) Pittsburgh Steelers

26) Seattle Seahawks

27) Green Bay Packers

28) Kansas City Chiefs

29) New England Patriots

30) Arizona Cardinals

31) Carolina Panthers

32) Denver Broncos

Really worried about this draft.  The fact that there is no consensus #1 QB just makes it 66% more likely that the Browns fuck up this pick.

Surely it's Wentz isn't it?

Pro style system. Big arm. Can move. Clean off the field.

Really worried about this draft.  The fact that there is no consensus #1 QB just makes it 66% more likely that the Browns fuck up this pick.

Surely it's Wentz isn't it?

Pro style system. Big arm. Can move. Clean off the field.

He has the hype this week but NFL personnel men are split.  Dude played in the FCS, that scares me.  Goff seems the safer pick.

"A league personnel executive told NFL.com’s Lance Zierlein he doesn’t view North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz as a first-round pick.

"That North Dakota State kid is way overrated," the source said. Another exec said there’s "no way" he would draft Wentz in the first round after watching Senior Bowl practices. Wentz is polarizing due to his small-school background, but projects as a potential top-five pick. The Browns are rumored to have interest in Wentz at No. 2 overall. Feb 6 -"

Now that guy may know nothing, but it highlights the uncertainty around which QB is the pick.
  • Like 1

At least this is a record setting draft if the Jags do not trade down, as they will be the first time since the common-era draft to draft in the top-5 for five straight seasons, and this will be their 9th consecutive season drafting top 10 (this is a record they already hold as the Tampa Bay Bucs had 7 consecutive seasons in the 80s-90s). I'll be interested if the top two choices fall to the Jags (Bosa or Ramsey)

6) Baltimore Ravens

7) San Francisco 49ers

From the Super Bowl to going back to back this early in the draft in a little over three years.  I'm too lazy to check if this has happened before (both teams in one Super Bowl falling this far this fast).

Big drop for both teams is rare.

I mean the Colts went from winning the SB to #1 pick in two years but that is just one team

And Tampa Bay went from winning the SB to #5 in two years but again - the Raiders managed to not suck... yet

You have to go back to basically the Denver/Atlanta Super Bowl where Denver went 6-10 and Atlanta went 5-11 the next year

Denver would have picked 7th (they traded back to 15), Atlanta would have picked 5th but traded out of the first round

BTW - that Atlanta/Baltimore trade would be absurd nowadays "Atlanta traded their first-round selection to Baltimore in 1999 in exchange for their 2nd round choice (42) in the 1999 draft."

• Like 1

He has the hype this week but NFL personnel men are split.  Dude played in the FCS, that scares me.  Goff seems the safer pick.

Though I didn't see it, Wentz supposedly lit the world on fire during the Senior Bowl, which erased a lot of doubts. I'm sure the combines will sort a lot of stuff out.  

Noteworthy is that Kiper had Goff going to Cleveland at #2, but I've seen mocks where Goff is available in the 2nd round.  

• Like 1

Though I didn't see it, Wentz supposedly lit the world on fire during the Senior Bowl, which erased a lot of doubts. I'm sure the combines will sort a lot of stuff out.  

Noteworthy is that Kiper had Goff going to Cleveland at #2, but I've seen mocks where Goff is available in the 2nd round.  

Shh, don't tell anybody, but none of these people know what the hell they're talking about yet.  No one has gone to the combine, had a pro day, or worked out for a team.  This is just rampant speculation.  Those mock drafts are meaningless when all that stuff happens, but they are laughably ridiculous this far away from the draft.  Kiper could have Goff going #1 right now and #128 in April.  None of this means anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this up since the Combine is over and the Pro Days are fixing to start.

I started watching the QBs in this draft for shits and giggles the last couple of weeks and I gotta say that I'm glad the Jags got Bortles two years ago.

• 1 month later...

The Titans have agreed to trade the No.1 pick of the draft to the Los Angeles Rams for the 15th overall pick in this year’s draft, two second-round picks (43 and 45), and a third-rounder (76) in 2016. The Titans will also receive the Rams’ first-round pick in 2017, along with their third-round pick in next year’s draft.