DVDVR Message Board

The genre festival CINEPOCALYPSE is coming to the Music Box Theater here in Chicago and while one could get excited about the directorial debut of Glenn Fucking Danzig that'll be playing .... 

I am excited for the

NEVER BEFORE SEEEEEEEN

35mm "GORE CUT"  of......

TAMMY & THE T-REX

Starring DENISE RICHARDS 

and....

PAUL WALKER IN CROPPED SHIRT.

• Haha 3

On 12/18/2018 at 2:45 PM, Curt McGirt said:

I had (it is long lost) a $5 copy of Seven Doors of Death but it seemed identical to my VHS bootleg of The Beyond besides the actual title card being a freeze-frame of the background fire with "Seven Doors of Death" over it in cheesy video font. This was the cover: 

31CYwZ14LIL.jpg

Is it the same one thou speakest of? 

Yeah, that's it.

?

The glory of Night Flight Plus finally brought me The Mutilator. It took me about three days to get through it because it is '80s slasher s-l-o-w but the gore was worth it. I have no idea why I never rented this when I was a kid, because I would have adored it. 

EDIT: The video box was indeed adored by adolescent me 

p46332_p_v7_aa.jpg?1473796998

If that isn't the most "video store horror section" shit ever...

EDIT II: This film also brings you the hilarious image of a Natty Light can circa 1984

LiteBeerMen_Internal_2.jpg

For some reason I don't think Mickey is an EX-drinker of anything

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bobholly138 said:

The other night flipped to B-Movies TV to see what was airing.....

BIKINI CAR WASH COMPANY!!! and it was the unrated version. For some reason the only dvd release is the R rated cut.

• Like 2

Just now, piranesi said:

Never saw Bikini Car Wash Company on Up All Night. Caught it on Showtime one night. Was around the time Joe Bob Briggs moved to Showtime for 1 week. 5 nights in a row Joe Bob hosted a Emannuelle film. Then Friday after showing Emannuelle 5 Showtime aired BCWC.

• 1 month later...

220px-1990_I-guerrieri-del-Bronx_crop.jp

The-Bronx-Warriors.jpg

This was too good not to revive the GRINDHOUSE REPORT for. Watch the first ten minutes and tell me you won't watch the rest. I dare you. Hell, watch the credit sequence and tell me you won't! 

~ GRINDHOUSE REPORT QUALIFICATIONS ~

Produced by FABRIZIO "THE SNAKE" DEANGELIS

Directed by ENZO G. CASTELLARI 

Written by DARDANO SACCHETTI and ELIZA BRIGANTI (ZOMBIE, etc.)

Cinematography by SERGIO SALVATI (every Fulci masterpiece)

Music by WALTER RIZZATI (THE HOUSE BY THE fucking CEMETERY) 

Starring VIC MORROW, GEORGE EASTMAN (THE GRIM REAPER), and FRED "THE HAMMER" WILLIAMSON

Fuck. Yeah.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!

Eta: Wait a tick ... B-Movie TV, moderated by a guy named Ace?  With Fully Gimmicked Fight Club, Zack Romero, and Thursday Action Cinema with Joey V.?  Evwrything looks like business as usual in their fan group ...

Edited by nate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, nate said:

TIL I've been mixing up Barbara Bach and Catherine Bach when skimming credits.

On the other hand, "Black Belly of the Tarantula" is better than I was expecting.

If the cars are American it's probably Catherine.  If they're European it's probably Barbara.

• Thanks 1

SO far on their marathon I've seen two movies I hadn't ever seen before:

1) Terror (1978) surprisingly fun and gory attempt to mix giallo themes and Hammer style on the extreme cheap. Norman Warren who made Satan's Slave and Bloody New Year) starts us with a good old-fashioned witch burning and curse and then jumps to a hidden killer theme as we wonder if the curse is being fulfilled.

2) Elves (1989) Absolutely insane movie starring the guy who used to be Grizzly Adams who looks hilariously malformed trying to wear normal clothes in a modern setting.  I cannot even begin to do justice to this idiotic hilarious fun movie.  Let's just say the following are true statements:  1) Elves are real 2) They are evil 3) The Nazis wanted to cross-breed them with humans to create the master race 4) We meet a girl who's grandpa has a thick german accent 4) Someone starts murdering her friends 5) There is also a cult 6) Her grandpa is also her father 7) Our male hero is an enourmous homeless drunk who can barely speak or move 8 ) An elf is going to have to have sex with this girl, absolutely no doubt 9) It should have been called "Elf" which would have changed the  course of film history

• Like 3

On 5/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, Curt McGirt said:

EDIT II: This film also brings you the hilarious image of a Natty Light can circa 1984

LiteBeerMen_Internal_2.jpg

For some reason I don't think Mickey is an EX-drinker of anything

Sure, he is. The Mick has been sober since 1995. God bless you, Mick.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the 1st volume of Gorgon Video Magazine on Night Flight streaming.

gorgonvideo9.JPG

The host is Michael Berryman. He got into full cannibal costume to shoot his bits in front of a blue screen and he is reading the copy like it is a tiny Warrior promo and it is amazing:

gorgon.jpg

Wes Craven is now telling me that his new movie Shocker is "the first film where he's had full creative control and so is the first pure Wes Craven movie"  Oof...that's...maybe not...

Now I'm hearing from these three stoked dudes who have just started their own effects company and will eventually go on to do the effects for all of Tarantino's movies and The Walking Dead and other huge projects.

GORGONVIDEO7-425x308.jpg

And now Linnea Quigley is telling me how her Iowa parents didn't really accept what she did for a living until they saw just how great HOLLYWOOD CHAINSAW HOOKERS was. She is, as always, nearly naked and super adorable:

gorgonvideo13.JPG

She is letting us know that Vice Academy will be coming out in a couple of months. Imagine living in a world where Vice Academy is about to be released and you are aware of it because you get Gorgon Video Magazine!

She is now plugging the Linnea Quigley horror workout, which you should also find and watch when you get a chance.

Edited by piranesi
  • Like 2

I love how many clips from films that Gorgon definitely didn't have video licences for show up on the tape -- especially the Bad Taste scenes that say PREVIEW ONLY. I also love them showing the classic crotch-grab from EVIL CLUTCH!!

Evil-Clutch-Vhs-Rare-Horror-Rhino-Video-

Rented that at the video store down the road from my grandma's. She never looked at the boxes. 

GWAR was fun when I was a kid but their music was the pits. When I got a chance to see them live later on in life I left halfway through. Guess I wasn't drunk enough.

• Like 1