DVDVR Message Board

Raw 2-1-16

MGFanJay

Naomi comes off like a natural face to me every time I see her. She's very likable. I haven't seen a ton of TD - maybe ten episodes - but she plays the sensible, patient friend role on that show from what I've seen. She's cool on UUDD. They need to quit with the "women are hormonal" booking and make her a face. 

The Brie thing I'm thinking is a stop-gap one off thing until after Fastlane. They will put Brie/Charlotte for the title on Fastlane to give Charlotte another successful title defense on her road to Mania, and Sasha/Becky vs. Naomi/Tamina will be on the pre-show. After Fastlane, they will resume the build to the triple threat match at Mania between Sasha/Becky/Charlotte

The thing is there's no reason for any filler to get Sasha/Charlotte to Mania.  There's so much to do there.

- Sasha starts flirting with Ric a little in promos

- Charlotte continues cheating to win and cutting promos about how she's too gifted to lose to anyone

- Ric shows signs of noticing Sasha

- Book Sasha/Becky for Fastlane for a good match to settle Sasha as #1 contender.

- Before that match have Charlotte cut a promo about how she's going to be watching ringside only to have Ric be like "I'll be there too, baby!" and Charlotte is like "Why?  I'm not wrestling.  You don' t have to..." "I'll be right there with you..."

- Sasha beats Becky at Fastlane and gets real fresh with Ric who starts to swoon a little.  Charlotte freaks.

- Now we're set for the build to Mania.

I figure Charlotte catches Ric alone with Sasha some time in mid March.  The only question is does Ric turn before Mania and accompany Sasha to the ring then?  Or do the turn at Mania.  I lean toward before.  Mania is all about entrances.

THERE WAS SO MUCH TO DO!!!!!

• Like 1

Your idea died for me at Sasha flirts with Ric Flair.

Naomi comes off like a natural face to me every time I see her. She's very likable. I haven't seen a ton of TD - maybe ten episodes - but she plays the sensible, patient friend role on that show from what I've seen. She's cool on UUDD. They need to quit with the "women are hormonal" booking and make her a face. 

She was a terribly boring face with nothing really there as a character.

I can't think of the last interesting female face the WWE had. AJ Lee? Paige? Paige was over as a face for a while until the wheels feel out. Natalie and Naomi are both natural faces, but both were pretty boring in those roles. WWE has found far less capable workers (Bellas) face roles and angles, etc. so I am sure it shouldn't be hard for them to find something for Naomi.

But remember for anyone who's been following this since the Rumble thread, it ends with Flair institutionalized.

Ric Flair being institutionalized is the only ending I'll accept. All Ric wanted was a Pepsi.

• Like 2

I can't think of the last interesting female face the WWE had. AJ Lee? Paige? Paige was over as a face for a while until the wheels feel out. Natalie and Naomi are both natural faces, but both were pretty boring in those roles. WWE has found far less capable workers (Bellas) face roles and angles, etc. so I am sure it shouldn't be hard for them to find something for Naomi.

If she were to go face now, I'm hoping that they would allow her to keep some of the edge she's developed as a heel. 

Paige was the most over woman in the company when they turned her heel for no reason. Well I guess the reason was to make Charlotte the baby face ace which worked out just splendidly.

I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get at least one backstage segment between Ric Flair and Snoop Dogg during the Sasha/Charlotte feud.

they give Heath Slater a mic every time he goes out there, they can't hate the southern accent that much.

And JBL is on commentary. I seem to recall some guy named Austin who had a southern accent.

I've read and heard about Russo hating southern accents, JBL mentioned that Russo wanted him to try and not have one.

• Like 1

they give Heath Slater a mic every time he goes out there, they can't hate the southern accent that much.

And JBL is on commentary. I seem to recall some guy named Austin who had a southern accent.

I've read and heard about Russo hating southern accents, JBL mentioned that Russo wanted him to try and not have one.

There's a story about that in the JBL interview with Ron Simmons. Basically, they didn't want to hear JBL's accent, because Vince (possibly both) thought anyone with a Southern accent automatically sounded dumb. So the plan was for Faarooq to do the entire promo, with JBL not talking at all. Faarooq said a couple of words and handed the mic to JBL anyway.

They probably think it just sounds 'black.'  And in trying to be hip old white farts, thought it was 'progressive' to allow black men to speak.

Let freedom ring.

Russo still hates them as he currently said New Yorkers think Southern accents are 'pussy.'  How does he think his Nu Yawk Citee accent plays with certain crowds?