DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
RIPPA

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - ESSA RIOS (Mr. Aguila)

I am going to do my Black History Week at the end of the month - mainly so I can get the better sense of who the WWE ignores this year.

Anyway - the first time I picked Aguila - no one commented. Though in hindsight - it appears that was because the board had melted down. So we try again

http://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1331-wrestler-of-the-day-mr-aguila-essa-rios/?hl=essa

"Who is this Low Ki and why is he beating the bejeezus out of Essa Rios?"

Used to love playing as him on No Mercy.  Dude got serious airtime on his moonsault.  Also had the dragon rana as his corner special.

• Like 1

vs. Super Crazy vs. Tajiri in Puerto Rico in UltraHD

Used to love playing as him on No Mercy.  Dude got serious airtime on his moonsault.  Also had the dragon rana as his corner special.

YES! I didn't even know, who he was back then, but I always played with him. He was the best.

His claim to fame was introducing Lita to the WWF/E Universe.

Dean Malenko says I AM THE REAL PAPI CHULO~!

Before they were unstoppable monster heels.

I loved during his brief TNA run, when the crowd would start a "U-S-A!" chant for his opponent and the Heel Section would counter with "You... esse!"

I enjoyed this more for Duane Gil actually getting treated a little more seriously. He actually has a quality spear.

Rios probably got a raw deal with Lita. He comes into get her over then they put her with the Hardys and he gets sent to Heat.

Eddy splatters Lita with a power bomb. That actually killed Lita's gimmick for me right there. If Eddy could catch her, then a guy much bigger like Bubba should every time. 

I think that is the most brutal power bomb I have ever seen that was not a head drop or something.

If that had been a sitout powerbomb she would have exploded.

I enjoyed the hell out of all his matches back when he debuted. I had many of them on a VHS, somewheres. He would do crazy shit on Jakked/Metal to silence. Poor guy, just cause he couldn't cut a promo in English. Didn't even get a random Hardcore title reign despite being one of the guys that was usually there with the rest trying to win it constantly.

w/Funaki vs The Hardy Boyz