DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 Animated Gif Thread

RIPPA

He also posts in the UpUpDownDown thread. And something in Lando f Confusion about how he ate some shit once.

Lando F. Confusion is my favorite rapper who raps about Star Wars over samples of the Temptations "Ball of Confusion."

Love and Rockets version, please.

vt1uHl.gif

More wonders from the 80s.

TBF, Rusty Brooks (the one tripping on the ropes) was a Boris Malenko trainee and this looks way more like a heel stooge spot than him actively blowing something.

• Like 3

S1Vlfc.gif

Is that Dirty Rhodes? Wasn't there also a guy doing a similar knock-off Hogan or Flair schtick back then too? Not indie guy Macho Warrior Rick Hogan but someone else in one of the old territories?

Oh, I'll go ahead and draw that line - it's totally fucking weird that the only thing this guy posts are giant Alexa Bliss ass gifs for the third week straight now.

The *appreciation* of certain assets isn't weird, cropping gifs to only focus one person *is*

It's why I think people who complain about Jay posting screencaps are out of line. Jay's caps are presented as-is, the shots were presented on TV in the exact format he posts them, so they're not, as Craig's gf would have you believe, creepy. These gifs pretty much are.

Oh, I'll go ahead and draw that line - it's totally fucking weird that the only thing this guy posts are giant Alexa Bliss ass gifs for the third week straight now.

The *appreciation* of certain assets isn't weird, cropping gifs to only focus one person *is*

It's why I think people who complain about Jay posting screencaps are out of line. Jay's caps are presented as-is, the shots were presented on TV in the exact format he posts them, so they're not, as Craig's gf would have you believe, creepy. These gifts pretty much are.

I wish Alexa was my gf, and Craig's gifs were of her gifts, or at least that is how I enterpreted you many spellings/mispellings of gif.

• Like 1

It's why I think people who complain about Jay posting screencaps are out of line. Jay's caps are presented as-is, the shots were presented on TV in the exact format he posts them, so they're not, as Craig's gf would have you believe, creepy. These gifs pretty much are.

Well except they're not. It's not like NXT has the GLOW cameraman specifically going for ass and crotch shots. NXT is just showing the match, it's MGFJ (or whoever he's getting the pics from) that's choosing to deliberately grab the frames that show off womens' butts.

• Like 1

vt1uHl.gif

TBF, Rusty Brooks (the one tripping on the ropes) was a Boris Malenko trainee and this looks way more like a heel stooge spot than him actively blowing something.

Oh yeah, he was definitely heel stooging.

The other one was Dirty Rhodes also.

I'll never forget that Rusty Brooks was the designated jobber when Hogan made a rare syndicated TV appearance, setting up his first program with Savage.  Elizabeth was pretty good on the mic, too.  "The Macho Man has asked me to ask you, mister Hulk Hogan, why you don't wrestle anybody with any credentials."

I just watched it and damn, I did forget that it was so long ago that it was before the red and yellow and Hogan was still using Jim Steinman's instrumental theme.

Where does Emma's call up rank on the all time, "How did you fuck that up?," list.

Somewhere behind Bayley's eventual call-up.

And based on the reports that Tyler Breeze is losing in seconds on the current Euro tour... beyond him too

Where does Emma's call up rank on the all time, "How did you fuck that up?," list.

Somewhere behind Bayley's eventual call-up.

And based on the reports that Tyler Breeze is losing in seconds on the current Euro tour... beyond him too

I never liked the idea of him on the main roster, he was in the perfect position as the NXT gatekeeper for the championship.  Over the top gimmicks don't really last long on the main roster.  The guys who succeed tend to be the guys who get to be some version of themselves. 

While jobbing him out in 30 seconds is a clear waste of years of developmental work, I'm curious as to what people thought Breeze's ceiling was going to be for the main roster. He has a (sorry, guys) lame gimmick that is robotic/inorganic and he's the size of Brad Maddox.

Well with Breeze specifically we will never know - because if you believe the reports, in the usual good cop/bad cop routine Triple H had a "plan" for him (hence beating Ziggler right away, etc..) and then Vince saw him and instantly ended his push.

I mean even the most "down" on him would have thought he would at least be doing something right now (maybe have had a run at either the IC or US titles) instead of basically already being the current Fandango.

And just to keep things also thread related

tumblr_noeo660Q9B1u47jf5o1_400.gif

While jobbing him out in 30 seconds is a clear waste of years of developmental work, I'm curious as to what people thought Breeze's ceiling was going to be for the main roster. He has a (sorry, guys) lame gimmick that is robotic/inorganic and he's the size of Brad Maddox.

I think his gimmick works in a place where being an over the top character works, but that isn't the modern WWE main roster.  Fandango, Adam Rose, and Tyler Breeze would still be over in NXT, because the audience isn't going to hold being a silly character against them.  WWE needs to understand that calling those characters (not necessarily the wrestlers) up is putting them behind the 8-ball.  I still think Johnny Curtis' "Locker Room Sleazebag" gimmick could have worked.  He is just one of those dudes you want to punch, and being the dude in the locker room who may or may not try to hit on your wife when you leave the room fit him so well.

I've read one report that Breeze went home from a show early shortly after his debut, which landed him in the doghouse.

He apparently told someone, but he didn't tell the right people.

In the WWE this sounds totally plausible.

I've read one report that Breeze went home from a show early shortly after his debut, which landed him in the doghouse.

Expect his new name to be Tyler Sneeze, with the punishment gimmick that he is weak and sneezes a lot.  

Expect his new name to be Tyler Sneeze, with the punishment gimmick that he is weak and sneezes a lot.  

He could team with Adam Rose as the Delicate Flowers!