DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 Animated Gif Thread

RIPPA

"Lightweights who never do side slams/backbreakers except for when their opponent wants to do a headscissors" is up there with Del Rio's footstomp and the Stratusphere on my Contrived Bullshit Scale.

#1 is people who would never try to powerbomb anyone deciding to try to powerbomb Kidman.

• Like 2

My #1 is people who do left foot kicks against RVD. I think Benoit had the same issue in WWE with dragon screws, too.

No hate for guys who only go to the top rope when their opponent is going to counter the move anyways?

Actually, even more annoying is guys who come off the top but telegraph a counter by not being in position to do anything if the move isn't countered.  I loves me some Bobby Eaton with or without the ME, but adult me wants to rage at my tv whenever Eaton blatantly telegraphs a dodge or reversal.  In one match I watched recently, Eaton/s opponent is flat on his back on the canvas.  Eaton goes to the top, and just jumps off.  The guy on the mat put his foot up and Eaton eats a boot to the face, but if the guy doesn't put his boot up, Eaton lands on his feet next to the guy with his hands at his side?  What sort of move can you do in that position?

Even worse was the spot where Eaton would whip a guy into the corner, run at him,,, and jump at him with his arms and legs spread.  Of course. the guy would move and Eaton would go crotch first into the turnbuckle, but if he doesn't move, I have no idea what sort of offensive move Eaton can do.Bronco Buster, maybe, but since the opponent is standing, you'd end up humping his thigh.

After I asked, I searched it on Youtube. Had no idea it was out there. It's a weird match. They're working a pretty dull wrestling match. Riki is twice Kimura's siz and is giving him almost nothing. There's the groin kick, then Riki starts smacking him for real (your gif is a portion of that), but Kimura doesn't really defend himself at all. Maybe he's out on his feet from one of the first shots, but it's like he's still trying to work the match while Rikidozan is trying to knock him out for real.