DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Speaking of what he thinks:

Tom aka The Big Dog™ @TomBlargh

@WWEBigE What do you think of the new season of Total Divas?

Just waiting on the Total Dudes spinoff. Hopefully, it just consists of our seediest male talent picking up rats.

• Like 3

Speaking of what he thinks:

Tom aka The Big Dog™ @TomBlargh

@WWEBigE What do you think of the new season of Total Divas?

Just waiting on the Total Dudes spinoff. Hopefully, it just consists of our seediest male talent picking up rats.

If Jake isnt involved on camera, theyre just leaving money onnthe table.

I'm remembering a match with Ace and Chad Collyer where Chad randomly decided to get a mohawk, and some ladies in the crowd loved it.

I remember Chad Collyer in a match just randomly blasting Ace with a Chair behind the refs back and bloodying Ace up good. 

I was at that show. It was Punk: The Final Chapter. I have to believe they didn't plan for Ace to bleed THAT match in a random undercard match. It was buckets.

How crazy that y'all are talking about this, because I dug up my DVD folder and started going through this period of ROH to see how it holds up.  The undercard is largely awful looking back, but you find some gems like Gibson vs Black Tiger(Romero).

Rocky Romero was so good around that time. He would make my shortlist for most underrated guys in ROH history.

I'm remembering a match with Ace and Chad Collyer where Chad randomly decided to get a mohawk, and some ladies in the crowd loved it.

I remember Chad Collyer in a match just randomly blasting Ace with a Chair behind the refs back and bloodying Ace up good. 

I was at that show. It was Punk: The Final Chapter. I have to believe they didn't plan for Ace to bleed THAT match in a random undercard match. It was buckets.

How crazy that y'all are talking about this, because I dug up my DVD folder and started going through this period of ROH to see how it holds up.  The undercard is largely awful looking back, but you find some gems like Gibson vs Black Tiger(Romero).

Rocky Romero was so good around that time. He would make my shortlist for most underrated guys in ROH history.

Hey, me and you were both at that show then.

• Like 1

Here is the pilot episode of Battle Arts Professional Wrestling, hosted by Anthony Carelli (aka Santino Marella). Match list for a pretty fun hour of wrestling:

"Mercenary" Mike Dorosti (w/ Ray Bernardo) vs. Randy Reign @01:17

6 man tag team match - The Compound (Buck Gunderson, Karou & Smiles) vs. Dustin Quicksilver, DJ & Randy Bynoe (w/Ray Bernardo) @20:21 

Battle Arts Rules (no pinfalls; victory by submission or TKO only) -

Freedom Wallace vs. Yuki Ishikawa @37:21

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yc3sQh0TUk

Reviewed this over at Segunda Caida, that main event is the fucking goods.

• Like 1

I generally view the end of the CZW feud as the end of RoH's "best promotion in the world" run I thought they had going from Reborn Stage 1 on. They didn't stop being a good promotion or anything, but it just felt like the stories they were telling from then on either kinda harmed the problem to a degree (I never bought Danielson would lose the belt to anyone till he faced Homicide), or payoffs I didn't care for (Morishimas reign ending against Nigel really soured me on them for good)

I'm in agreement here, my interest seemed to casually wane off after this interpromotion fued. All the greatness before helped build up to it (Punk/Joe which remains on par with Flair/Steamboat IMO, Danielson's reign, Generation Next v Embassy), but it was definitely the watermark of ROH