DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

There's video evidence of Ryback fucking up Punk's back and more than just Punk spoke of Ryback admitting he was a dumb fuck.

It's also not even the first time Ryback has hurt someone. Shit, it just happened again within the last two weeks.

So twice in three (?) years. The incident was not exactly something simple and run of the mill to begin with.

The kind of doomed themselves when they changed it from the Vigilante vs. The Authority to WWE vs WCW. That meant WCW couldn't win, because of course it couldn't, so we had a ridiculous outcome of a one-time only spectacle match where the heel won.

And the Babyface had to shake his hand. AFTER GETTING HIT WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER!

• Like 2

There's video evidence of Ryback fucking up Punk's back and more than just Punk spoke of Ryback admitting he was a dumb fuck.

It's also not even the first time Ryback has hurt someone. Shit, it just happened again within the last two weeks.

So twice in three (?) years. The incident was not exactly something simple and run of the mill to begin with.

There was Ricky Steamboat as well.

I know the Kayfabe explanation for Steamboat getting hurt was from the 450, but I'm not sure in general what caused it.

Actually what the kayfabe reason was Gabriel AND Skip Sheffield

"WWE.com has learned that following a clothesline by Skip Sheffield and a 450 splash by Justin Gabriel, the WWE Hall of Famer suffered cracked ribs, internal injuries, and a sprained neck," WWE said to play up the storyline injury angle.

That got yanked when Steamboat was legit hurt

• Like 1

He is looking like he's in good shape. I think Taker would be happy to work just a garbage style match with Shane taking one big bump.

Shane's return also got me thinking. If he had a good look back in the day, meaning was muscular and looked like a wrestler, would he have been a legit main event guy? Like, would he have gotten over enough to warrant a main event spot, not just getting it through being the boss' son? I almost think he would. He was super charismatic, willing to do some pretty stupid shit, pretty good on the mic, and had the potential to be a heat machine.