DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Let it play out and see where it goes.

- Francis Ford Coppola to his daughter Sophia on the set of GODFATHER III.

-Col. Travis, when hearing the Mexican Army was encircling the Alamo...

If Shane stays in the match with Taker, and doesn't call in a replacement, you just know he'll take one insane bump. Hell, he might take one even if he's just in someone's corner.

Fuck the cynics....I love this idea!

Of course you'd say that. You are the optimist from the Fastlane thread who said, "Let's see where this goes."

Lost in all this is the fact that Shane got a bigger pop than anyone short of Punk or Bryan would have. And I'm not even sure about that.

Yeah, that doofus crowd's reaction has relegated us all to six months of McMahon vs. McMahon angles. I'd be pissed if I still actually cared about what goes on in main roster angles. 

Since when are we allowed to discuss Raw as its happening?

The reaction Shane's return got was kind of ridiculous. Aside from that this was probably one of the dumbest matches and directions they could go for with Taker for Wrestlemania. They really are desperate. What type of blackmail did they have on Shane to even get him to agree to this?

His dad probably told him how much trouble they are in. 

Lost in all this is the fact that Shane got a bigger pop than anyone short of Punk or Bryan would have. And I'm not even sure about that.

Which speaks more to the piss poor state of the WWE's ability to make the fans give a damn about anyone than anything else.  This is what hiring "writers" who have no background in wrestling and actively disparage the "wrasslin'" aspect of the show, cutting off the momentum of anyone who achieves unauthorized crowd support organically, and above all putting forth the same Authority/McMahon-glorifying bullshit has ultimately created.  The fans feel that the only one who might get over on the McMahons...is another McMahon.

What a time to be alive.