DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Whatever they do with Taker, keep him away from poor Bray. There's no need for Bray to job in a third separate program to Taker. He's already never going to recover from Cena and the previous two Taker programs. 

Bray was on Rover's Morning Glory today (syndicated radio show based in Cleveland). He said he has three goals: win the WWE title, headline WrestleMania, and beat The Undertaker.

Yeah, I read that as "Rovert" too.

Bray was on Rover's Morning Glory today (syndicated radio show based in Cleveland). He said he has three goals: win the WWE title, headline WrestleMania, and beat The Undertaker.

Would that be best for business?  I feel like it might be, but putting the belt on Bray would probably result in me watching very little WWE programming.

Granted, I'm near that point anyway and feel much the same way about Roman.

• Like 1

Like almost anything it could have worked if they committed.  If they let Bray beat the people he jobbed out to and "carry them off" and kept them off t.v. one by one until he claimed the title.  Then Cena or Roman or whoever could return to try and save the WWE Universe from the clutches of an apocalyptic madman.

That would have been a great story, but they don't book by committing to a storyline.  They pick a guy and book around making the guy popular.

• Like 3

Rapid fire responses to the last few pages -

Do the people that hate the business exposing Bucks shit on things like The People's Elbow too?

Could Ambrose be revealed as a rich kid that grew up a really big fan of Raven? "Look at me mom, im craaaazy!"

Taker v Nakamura would be insane. Taker has enough issues with concussion without getting hit by like 7 Boma Ye's.

Roman was as over as anyone not named Bryan when the Shield split. No way he should have turned then.. Ambrose was the obvious turn but that's why they went to Rollins, so that he had something to do.

Could other posters appear on Rovert's show? Do we get Rippa on sports? Piranesi on TMZ style celebrity watch? An interview series from Ben with the Stud Stable?

From reddit:

Go to Google Translate.   Type in Sami Zayn translate it to Arabic.

Copy the result, paste it, and then translate from Arabic to English.

:mellow:

Why do you hate the NXT thread?

Why?

The People's Elbow was great when Rock was a heel and being a cocky douchebag with it. Especially when he started working in guy's signature taunts and shit before dropping the elbow.

When he turned face and it was treated as a serious move and finisher, it sucked.

My last word on the Bucks is that it's fine when they get their comeuppance and what they're doing is presented as having consequence. They troll their opponents. Their opponents react accordingly. Ideally, the crowd would react accordingly. It's half mind-games and half cockiness. That's fine. The issue is more the cult that surrounds them and how it bleeds through kayfabe, which, again, is a brilliant form of marketing in 2016. I think it tends to distract more than add when it comes to having good matches, especially because there's no endgame. They can't take things seriously or it breaks the gimmick.

Not to go back to the Miz, but he never worries about getting cheers and because of that he can show ass on a totally different level. If the Bucks were to do that, it'd probably hurt their bookings and t-shirt sales, so it's not in their interest to do so. Fucking with conventions is fine, but at some point it becomes about the end goal.

• Like 2

Could other posters appear on Rovert's show? Do we get Rippa on sports? Piranesi on TMZ style celebrity watch? An interview series from Ben with the Stud Stable?

Put stro on there and watch both of their heads explode from the combined pompousness.

Undertakers opponent is Nakamura, isn't it? It makes complete sense on every level. It's Nakamura. 

And my last take on the Bucks--Wrestling has always been about working the crowd and they have somehow figured out how to work the smarks like they were 1980's Gboro Coliseum fans. They are the millennial version of the 4 Horseman. 

I'm 90% sure Undertaker is facing Austin for his "one big match back" since I don't think he's doing anything else.  

The only person I can even think of it can be (and I don't know what his contract status even is right now) is Angle.