DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Or maybe it was a mutually agreed spot, and Harper wanted to showcase some stuff he's never done before. But, yes, let's pretend like you don't have an anti-Bryan agenda. I could probably gather 10 posts in the past month where you're negative towards him. The blame falls on both of them anyway, let's not even pretend like Harper didn't have a choice whether to perform that move.

We already had this discussion where I was accused of hating Bryan for thinking his fans were annoying and he showed staggeringly poor judgment in his brief return (actually even before his first time out, when he kept wrestling with a stinger and couldn't even use one of his arms, putting both him and Orton at risk for injury), even though I've repeatedly said I'm a big fan of his and don't want to see him Kurt Angle himself. I can think he's an idiot for coming back from head/neck/shoulder issues and continuing to do headdrops, diving headbutts, and adding rapid headbutt spots, yet still be a fan of his.

Or maybe it was a mutually agreed spot, and Harper wanted to showcase some stuff he's never done before. But, yes, let's pretend like you don't have an anti-Bryan agenda. I could probably gather 10 posts in the past month where you're negative towards him. The blame falls on both of them anyway, let's not even pretend like Harper didn't have a choice whether to perform that move.

We already had this discussion where I was accused of hating Bryan for thinking his fans were annoying and he showed staggeringly poor judgment in his brief return (actually even before his first time out, when he kept wrestling with a stinger and couldn't even use one of his arms, putting both him and Orton at risk for injury), even though I've repeatedly said I'm a big fan of his and don't want to see him Kurt Angle himself. I can think he's an idiot for coming back from head/neck/shoulder issues and continuing to do headdrops, diving headbutts, and adding rapid headbutt spots, yet still be a fan of his.

You apparently can't.  Don't worry, I went through the same thing last year.  Everyone'll get over it

So, I'm reading the Jim Cornette AMA on Wreddit (so far, it's not too bad), and then I see this actually happened in Smoky Mountain....

New Jack, Mustafa & D'Lo Brown vs. The Undertaker, Bob Armstrong & Tracy Smothers

lolwut?

I'll freely admit that I earned the Debbie Downer/gloom-and-doom rep on here.  I try to show more restraint nowadays.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This motherfucker right here, AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'll freely admit that I earned the Debbie Downer/gloom-and-doom rep on here.  I try to show more restraint nowadays.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This motherfucker right here, AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I didn't say I was GOOD at showing restraint.  I said I was TRYING.

• Like 1

So, I'm reading the Jim Cornette AMA on Wreddit (so far, it's not too bad), and then I see this actually happened in Smoky Mountain....

New Jack, Mustafa & D'Lo Brown vs. The Undertaker, Bob Armstrong & Tracy Smothers

lolwut?

Oh my god this is fantastic.

Is that Kama/Godfather/Papa Shango in that promo with New Jack, D'Lo & Mustafa?

Also, the description part of the video makes the Gangstas stuff sound amazing. A 2 count instead of the traditional 3 count because of Affirmative Action? Talking about OJ Simpson and others to piss off the rednecks? Ring announcer confusing "LA" with "Louisiana"? I get that Cornette is pretty crazy these days, but all of that is fuckin' genius.

What the hell, Rick Rubin was a financial backer of SMW???

http://www.coreystapes.com/smw95.html

"Instead of kissing the Confederate Flag as per the stipulation, the Gangstas brutally attack Smothers, Armstrong 
Cornette and even the referee.  The Gangstas then spray paint the Gangstas’ X symbol on Bob Armstrong and continue
beating on Smothers & Cornette until the Undertaker comes back in and clears the Gangstas out of the ring."

• Like 1

I guess that's where the aforementioned promo comes from, and how that six man tag I posted about comes to be. The Undertaker coming into an angle like that is a little bizarre, but fuck that's just a great wrasslin' angle.

"Real combat sports don't have matches between men and women", while technically true, is also bullshit. Leaving aside that no real fight in human history has ever begun "Lockup - Irish Whip - Dropkick", real combat sports also have weight classes. There is no legitimate fighting organization where you'd ever see Kalisto fight Alberto Del Rio, never mind Henry or Show, and yet somehow the "REALISM NOW" crowd isn't chiming in for every big man-little man match.

So what's the argument here? That anyone who doesn't think intergender matches make sense shouldn't watch matches between men of different weights?

Yep which ignores the history of early mma.