DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The big thing with intergender wrestling is it's one of the few issues out there where, no matter what viewpoint you have on it, YOU ARE WRONG, and you are a misogynist for thinking that way. 

If you support intergender wrestling? You are WRONG because you want to see women beaten up by men.

If you DON'T support intergender wrestling? YOU ARE WRONG, because you're inherently saying a woman can't be in a fight scene on a TV series or movie because she'd have to be in fight scenes with a man- which inherently says "women should never star in action/sci-fi/superhero movies, ever".

With both of these, you're wrong, and you're a misogynist for thinking it either way- all you can do is pick which side you want to be wrong on.

Does anyone really take the opinion that you've put for people who don't support intergender Wrestling, though? Because that sounds like a ridiculous position based on wild extrapolation beyond all bounds of rationality. People on the internet would never do anything like that.

Here's the thing about the intergender stuff. I actually like how LU presents it, because they rarely if ever beat you over the head with it. Sexy Star and Ivelisse wrestle the dudes, and they never talk about how it's man vs woman. I only recall it coming up during the Star vs Big Ryck match, and that's because Ryck could have potentially murdered her if he wanted. Where it becomes a problem is when it becomes, like someone earlier in the thread stated, it becomes glorified domestic violence.

You're forgetting the "Pentagon Jr. terrorizes non-wrestling ring announcer" angle that the crowd was chanting "CERO MIEDO" at because they're assholes

Hahahaha

I'd like to point out that, even when a woman like Chyna was wrestling men (even as a heel), it was still sold as unseemly when the male wrestler would actually strike her. Even if she was bigger than the man she was beating up. Not necesarrly doing a wrestling move to her, but punching her would get the same reaction that happens when someone punches Candice and Excalibur is like "HOLY SHIT WHAT A DICK" and then someone grabs her tits.

"Real combat sports don't have matches between men and women", while technically true, is also bullshit. Leaving aside that no real fight in human history has ever begun "Lockup - Irish Whip - Dropkick", real combat sports also have weight classes. There is no legitimate fighting organization where you'd ever see Kalisto fight Alberto Del Rio, never mind Henry or Show, and yet somehow the "REALISM NOW" crowd isn't chiming in for every big man-little man match.

• Like 2

I think with wrestling moves its like a safe falling on the coyote. But punching a woman is way too close to home for a lot of people. 

Big problem with intergender matches are like the ones in Chikara where its worked 50/50 like its no big deal. The Sara Del Ray/Claudio match already looked stupid. Years later seeing him toss around the Great Khalli and Big Show makes it flat out ridiculous. 

When you put guys like Rey Mysterio and Taz against much bigger guys, they don't just bull doze them. They out smart or use finesse.

How about "even in works of fiction, most people (myself included) are uncomfortable with men directing violence towards women"?

That's a perfectly valid feeling. Absent actual data, I wouldn't presume to know which view is the majority, but it's fair to say yours is sizable enough that we haven't seen man-on-woman violence in WWE for a decade or so.

Those guys in the Devastation Corporation, are they big guys or just indy big? They seem to have potential beyond bumping and selling way too much.

Blaster (the black guy) is 6'7 (or close to it) so I would say that is legit big.

The other guy is closer to 6'4 so again - that falls into the "what is your definition of big?"

"Real combat sports don't have matches between men and women", while technically true, is also bullshit. Leaving aside that no real fight in human history has ever begun "Lockup - Irish Whip - Dropkick", real combat sports also have weight classes. There is no legitimate fighting organization where you'd ever see Kalisto fight Alberto Del Rio, never mind Henry or Show, and yet somehow the "REALISM NOW" crowd isn't chiming in for every big man-little man match.

So what's the argument here? That anyone who doesn't think intergender matches make sense shouldn't watch matches between men of different weights?

Those guys in the Devastation Corporation, are they big guys or just indy big? They seem to have potential beyond bumping and selling way too much.

Blaster (the black guy) is 6'7 (or close to it) so I would say that is legit big.

The other guy is closer to 6'4 so again - that falls into the "what is your definition of big?"

Oh wow.

TNA should sign them and give them a push. Big dude needs to wear a singlet though.

How bout the third member?