DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I think with wrestling moves its like a safe falling on the coyote. But punching a woman is way too close to home for a lot of people. 

Big problem with intergender matches are like the ones in Chikara where its worked 50/50 like its no big deal. The Sara Del Ray/Claudio match already looked stupid. Years later seeing him toss around the Great Khalli and Big Show makes it flat out ridiculous. 

When you put guys like Rey Mysterio and Taz against much bigger guys, they don't just bull doze them. They out smart or use finesse.

How about "even in works of fiction, most people (myself included) are uncomfortable with men directing violence towards women"?

That's a perfectly valid feeling. Absent actual data, I wouldn't presume to know which view is the majority, but it's fair to say yours is sizable enough that we haven't seen man-on-woman violence in WWE for a decade or so.

Those guys in the Devastation Corporation, are they big guys or just indy big? They seem to have potential beyond bumping and selling way too much.

Blaster (the black guy) is 6'7 (or close to it) so I would say that is legit big.

The other guy is closer to 6'4 so again - that falls into the "what is your definition of big?"

"Real combat sports don't have matches between men and women", while technically true, is also bullshit. Leaving aside that no real fight in human history has ever begun "Lockup - Irish Whip - Dropkick", real combat sports also have weight classes. There is no legitimate fighting organization where you'd ever see Kalisto fight Alberto Del Rio, never mind Henry or Show, and yet somehow the "REALISM NOW" crowd isn't chiming in for every big man-little man match.

So what's the argument here? That anyone who doesn't think intergender matches make sense shouldn't watch matches between men of different weights?

Those guys in the Devastation Corporation, are they big guys or just indy big? They seem to have potential beyond bumping and selling way too much.

Blaster (the black guy) is 6'7 (or close to it) so I would say that is legit big.

The other guy is closer to 6'4 so again - that falls into the "what is your definition of big?"

Oh wow.

TNA should sign them and give them a push. Big dude needs to wear a singlet though.

How bout the third member?

Vic, Flex Rumblecrunch (the 3rd Dev Corp. member) is noticeably smaller than the other two. He's still a big guy, but more like "big for Chikara". Like, I would say Dasher Hatfield is clearly larger than him, if that gives you an idea. 

• Like 1

Oh wow.

TNA should sign them and give them a push. Big dude needs to wear a singlet though.

How bout the third member?

The singlet thing ... seconded. He's got a freakishly long torso.