DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I don't participate in "March Madness," whatever that might be, but changing eligibility rules on the fly doesn't seem very on-the-level.

You should join in. It's amazing.

Go back and read the great "Cesaro Scandal" from 2014 and you will see what it does to people.

Daniel Bryan got screwed!

so i was just watching thed 2/1/99 episode of WCW Monday Nitro, and there's this sweet ass match between Scott Norton and Ernest Miller where Norton straight up no sells all of Miller's offense and destroys him. Can i get some non-WCW recommendations for some of Norton's best work? i've never seen any of his matches from Japan.

couldn't find the match online, so i had to upload it:

edit: this video may be taken down, it has already apparently been flagged.

This goes on for about 5 months, fyi. Every couple of shows Norton just REKS Cat. With NWO Hollywood egging Norton on, saying Cat was calling him out and shit. It was wonderful.

That Fantastica Mania tour really made me interested in CMLL....then I watched a show of theirs....oh god, I just can't stand the damn slow counting and those shitty sounds the fans make...so I'm gonna vote strictly of what I saw in NJPW from these guys. Which was good enough for March Madness I think.

Barbaro Cavernario is the best! <3

Taras Bulba was one of those I thought was a total badass from reading the Apter mags. I don't think I ever saw a match of his when he was actually wrestling but I remembered seeing a story in PWI where they talked about him beating KVE with the clawhold. I instantly thought that anybody who could be a Von Erich with their own hold had to be a badass.

I am through 7 episodes of LU. Loved the three way with Pentagon Jr. - Fenix - Drago. 

Loving the show so far.

The character progression and just knowing everyones character is refreshing. The backstage stuff is amazing!

• Like 2

With Henry's (possible?) retirement upcoming, if somebody were to do a career retrospective/best of, what matches and angles should be included? When did the majority of hardcore fans think he turned the corner in terms of character and in-ring work?

Late to the party but the best part of March Madness is def. folks voting WWE wrestlers over everyone after bitching about WWE for the whole year.

No, the best part is people who can't understand why everyone one doesn't agree with their subjective opinion and bitch when a WWE mid carder beats a non-WWE guy.

Speaking of Henry, I grew up in a WCW household my dad started watching Crockett in the '80s on TBS so I didnt see any WWE until WCW went out of busines. Does Henry have any memorable matches during his Sexul Chocolate days? I know he has memorable angles like dating Mae Young knocking her up and her giving birth to a hand but is there any matches he did that hold up?