DVDVR Message Board

The Division

My friend here at the office was in the beta and yes, if I had an XBone, I'd have played it constantly.  I'd probably have called in sick the day after the blizzard to get in some extra game time.

I spent over five hundred Maryland Lottery reward points entering the Xbox One drawing and lost to some asshole in Dundalk.  I was very angry.

• 2 weeks later...

Open beta is live on Xbox One - tomorrow PC and PS4 get it

Progress did not carry forward from closed beta

Sorry Batman - but you will take a backseat for a few days to this.

• Like 2

I wonder if I will have to download it again since I didn't delete the original closed beta. Either way it will be later tonight before I can check it since I'm currently waiting at the garage on an alignment and new tire....

Just my luck, bought 4 new Goodyears on saturday, then Monday driving my kid to school I hit what had to be a reflector I assume a snow plow had bent up between lanes on the interstate and it hate fucked that tire. That or it was a piece of rebar in one of many many potholes on US 23

Yeah - I will only get to download it tonight.

Of course it seems that every time the beta is out I have to work on Saturday.

But I definitely at least want to play a couple of hours so I can decide if it is a game I want to buy right away

• 3 weeks later...

I have realized how much I was damaged by Destiny as when Ubisoft released it's video announcing all it's Year One plans I immediately went into FUCK YOU!!!! mode

I twitch when I hear the phrase "COMPLETELY CHANGE THE WAY YOU PLAY!!!"

It seems like starting off with "loot trading" was their way of smirking at Destiny. At the very least, this roadmap actually feels real as opposed to the hopes and dreams plan Bungie usually trots out.

Division is a 3rd person game, while Destiny is FPS. Destiny is fantasy sci-fi, whereas Division is more grounded in reality. Haven't played Division, but my guess is, like Destiny, there's a story mode, but the real hook is playing with and against other players in various activities.

But they're both multiplayer looter shooters with RPG elements, and Ubi has made it no secret they're gunning for Destiny's player base.

Guest The Magnificent 7

I just got this for Xbone and am looking to play with a regular crew.

Celtic FC 1967 is the gamertag.  Hit me up some time.

I'm playing it, and if you stay in the open at all, you die very quickly. Much less forgiving then the open beta.

Any other PCers want to play?

*removes from Steam wishlist*

It's a cover shooter, with some sci fi elements, healbots and the like. But yeah, it's a COVER shooter.