DVDVR Message Board

July's brand spanking new football/SOCCER thread.

Adam

Wayne Rooney is confused and angry about David Moyes' comments (being spun by the redtops to imply) that they need him as back up to Van Persie. He is also confused and angry about other things like gravity, and numbers.

• Like 1

I honestly thought that Cuba might...you know...actually suck :DIn my way to procastrinate (is this the right word?) through the summer break I´m actually honestly checking out the Women´s Euro. German team - missing many key players - played horrid so far but advanced since...well, the women´s Euro has 12 teams and a quarter final, so you have to really suck to not make it ;)

Since it isnt the current World Cup - I'm putting this here

Our old pal Sepp Blatter is going to ask FIFA to move the 2022 World Cup (the one in Qatar) to the Winter.

I, yet again, really enjoy how Qatar being hot was a shock to everyone.

• Like 3

Wayne Rooney is confused and angry about David Moyes' comments (being spun by the redtops to imply) that they need him as back up to Van Persie. He is also confused and angry about other things like gravity, and numbers.

Posted Image

Someone with far better PS skills that I can 'Shop Roo's head onto this...

Ok, this is really kinda cool.

Marseille is preparing for the Ligue 1 season. Toulouse Rugby is preparing for the Top 14 Rugby season. The two teams played a friendly game that featured a first half played under soccer "rules", and the second half under rugby "rules". Of course, this is rather loose definition of "rules". It was called "The Shock" in france. It featured a rugby trick shot from "referee" Eric Cantona.

• Like 3

Very sad. Hope Villanova recovers.2. Bundesliga starting today, First win in pro-football in Germany this season goes to Erzgebirge Aue. My team - FC St. Pauli - is playing 1860 Munich right now.EDIT: Won our first match 1:0. Here´s hoping there is no battle against relegation this season.

I hope there's a big transfer soon, it could kick off several big moves. A driver at our work (you know, laboratory driver leicester fan is the top most source for football news) thinks United could end up signing both Ronaldo and Bale, but I think if Ronaldo DOES go anywhere, he will be replaced by Bale, probably the only way they could appease the Madrid fans.

Either way, I can't wait to get started with football again! Derby are having a blinder of a pre season, scoring multiple goals in every game. But as prolific-goalscorer-in-pre-season Darren Bent will tell you.. Real football is nothing like pre season.

A gripping 2-2 draw with Manchester United's reserves to celebrate the opening of the new stand extension at Victoria Park. Admittedly I don't follow English football like I did when I was still in High School, but of everyone there I could recognise only 3 United players, Federico Macheda, Davide Petrucci & the legendary Bebe. Still, chance for Ross County's new lads to impress, with Kevin Luckassen looking comfortable in particular.

God, pre-season is shite. I'll even settle for watching the Gold Cup tonight.

And that's the US record for most wins in a row. (whoops, the win over Costa Rica set the record, this is just extending it)

Hard to imagine just a few months ago the Klinsmann death watch was on the verge of starting...

A lot of people did not realize the crap situation Bradley left the U.S. in and the depression of Mexico whooping our ass in the 2011 Gold Cup final. Funny how two years later the U.S. looks in far better shape then El Tri.