DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
RIPPA

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - AKIRA HOKUTO

Currently making cancer her bitch - I can't begin to express how evil Hokuto was and how awesome that was to watch.

I still can't believe this match happened on my TV screen

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2k4gb5_akira-hokuto-makes-stalker-ichikawa-s-sad-life-sadder_sport

This might be my favorite title ever "Akira Hokuto Makes Stalker Ichikawa's Sad Life Sadder"

Was trying to find a clip of Hokuto doing the Northern Lights Bomb on Muta, but alas and alack, I couldn't.  So, instead, please enjoy two of the greatest matches not just in joshi history, but wrestling history in general.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xgyli_aja-kong-vs-akira-hokuto-at-big-egg-on-11-20-94_sport

http://youtu.be/pcAQ7f3JzdQ

I still can't believe this match happened on my TV screen

WCW had the best habit of giving PPV matches away for free.

I used to have this match on tape.  Thank God it is on the Youtubes now.

Ozaki takes the fucking sickest Northern Light Bomb ever!

w/Bull Nakano vs Cutie Suzuki and Mayumi Ozaki

vs Meiko Satomira

vs Madusa

vs Madusa, again

w/Kaoru vs Madusa and Meiko Satomira

The tag team of Kaoru and Hokuto are the bringers of the funny feeling.

AND IT WAS ON FUCKING WORLDWIDE!!!!

I had no idea Satomura (who is my current Joshi obsession) wrestled in WCW. Crazy shit! Akira is one of my favs of all time. 

I recently got this shirt in the mail:

CYPfcskUAAAV_ss.jpg

Here's a documentary of Akira...some really crazy cameos by Shinya Hashimoto, Manami Toyota & the rest of the crew that went to North Korea for that show:

Enjoy this 1993 match where Hokuto beats the living daylights out of LLPW's Harley Saito.

Here she is in Mexico

• Like 1

Akira Hokuto is in my list of the top three wrestlers I've ever seen (along with Hansen and Kawada). Yep, she was the ultimate ass kicker and a bad ass but when she had to sell she sold like a wounded animal. It was a spectacle. How somebody so tough could play vulnerable better than the pure babyfaces always amused me. It's a shame her 100%, brutally stiff style took such a huge toll on her but she was still really great up until her retirement.

She will fucking destroy cancer.

Speaking of her vulnerability, I don't think I've ever seen a finish to a wrestling match that I've enjoyed and been horrified by as with the finish to Hokuto's match against Satomura in GAEA from 2001. Amazing sell job. There's a copy of it on veoh but the VQ is the shits and the audio is out of sync.

Fuck, that Ozaki match. Forgot about that. Ozaki, queen bitch that she is, trying to rip Hokuto's knee apart ahead of St. Final and the Kandori rematch. Hidden gem there.

In the GWE poll over at PWO, I'm gonna have her super high, I believe, and probably way higher than most would have her. Her run over the two/three year period from 1992-4 was just absolutely insane.

• Like 1

hokuto-1038x576.jpg