DVDVR Message Board

Da Big Game Fitty Poll

Ryan

Bowling for Soup 2016  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who is going to win the game a week from Sunday?

• Denver Broncos
    • Carolina Panthers
  2. 2. Who do you want to win the game a week from Sunday

• Denver Broncos
    • Carolina Panthers
    • The Patriots somehow.
    • Coldplay

This is to be expected. The Panthers contingent is strong here. If I'd put the Lions instead of the Patriots, I bet Coldplay would beat them.

Going for the Panthers, mainly due to the people on this board. Well that and I'm sick of Peyton Manning, and want to see him crushed like a grape. I wonder if he will be much of an improvement over Phil Simms when the time comes. Because lord knows he can't be much worse. . . 

• Like 1

Not a Coldplay fan but I'm indifferent to the other teams. Not even a team I hate so I can root for them to lose.

Root for Denver. Everyone rooting for my team is bizarre and uncomfortable.

This board is unique. Two years ago or so, the Broncos were the team that polled highest in fan support, yet on this board out of hundreds of members and about fifty who pay attention to the NFL there are two Broncos fans here. Two. JohnnySorrow and I are it.

This year has been a struggle. No win has, with the exception of the Packers, been easy. If it's a blowout for the Panthers, I'll be pissed. If we go down swinging, then fine. But if this defense does what it can do and Peyton does just enough... I'm going to enjoy the misery here. Not necessarily from the true Panthers fans, but from the armchair QBs using the terms like "press coverage" and "noodle arm." The Broncos were supposed to lose to the Steelers and the Patriots were supposed to thrash us to the point where one Pats fan said that he knew about making Super Bowl plans after they beat the Steelers. So why should they do what you guys think now?

Not a Coldplay fan but I'm indifferent to the other teams. Not even a team I hate so I can root for them to lose.

Root for Denver. Everyone rooting for my team is bizarre and uncomfortable.
This board is unique. Two years ago or so, the Broncos were the team that polled highest in fan support, yet on this board out of hundreds of members and about fifty who pay attention to the NFL there are two Broncos fans here. Two. JohnnySorrow and I are it.

This year has been a struggle. No win has, with the exception of the Packers, been easy. If it's a blowout for the Panthers, I'll be pissed. If we go down swinging, then fine. But if this defense does what it can do and Peyton does just enough... I'm going to enjoy the misery here. Not necessarily from the true Panthers fans, but from the armchair QBs using the terms like "press coverage" and "noodle arm." The Broncos were supposed to lose to the Steelers and the Patriots were supposed to thrash us to the point where one Pats fan said that he knew

I think I would feel less bad about losing to Denver than anyone else who made the playoffs. Don't think we do - in fact, I find it highly unlikely - but if it happens, I'm at peace with it as long as it's a good game.

And to piggyback on Fowler, Pittsburgh was dead as fuck after the Bengals game and everybody seemingly knew it.

Denver winning doesn't make a lick of sense but then I thought they'd eek out a victory over the Seahawks two Super Bowls ago and last year I absolutely thought the Patriots were going to get housed. So I'll guess Denver wins 17-16. Perhaps odd things occur like Ted Ginn returning to old form and Demaryius Thomas actually catching the ball.

As for who I'm rooting for, the only reason I'd like to see the Broncos win is so DeMarcus Ware can finally win a ring now that he found his way onto an actual professional organization and not a glorified football circus. On the whole though it would be as much of a blast seeing the Panthers as Reigning Champs as it was the Seahawks and them trying to be the first back-to-back champs in a dozen years would be awesome to follow every step of the way.

I'm on a two year streak of getting the game right. Although even when I thought Denver had no chance against Seattle, I was still shocked how lopsided it got.

So I'm making my final prediction for this game, and I'm the smart money, or something: Carolina 20-13.