DVDVR Message Board

The worst final roles for actors before they died?

Ellsworth Toohey

I think his kids were huge fans of the game so he took the role so that his children could see him dressed up as the iconic M.Bison.  He took the role knowing that he had terminal stomach cancer and knew he was going to die soon, but he died from a stroke before succumbing to cancer.

I say it was the worst role because Street Fighter is such a horrible movie and not because of Raul's performance which is actually pretty fucking spectacular; far better than that movie deserved.

I can't hate his Bison or the SF movie anymore. Years removed from being a bitter SF fan, I now appreciate the narm and the memes that came from it. And it was a better G.I. Joe movie than Rise of Cobra (or than a SF movie), in the sense that Masters of the Universe was a better New Gods movie than a MOTU movie. 

Plus, we later got Legend of Chun-Li, so 1994 kids had it EASY. 

/SF2Movie (anime) is still the best, though.  Enter Vega = AWESOME tune. 

//Actually, I now feel the same way about Batman and Robin as I did with SF:TM. 

The Crow has a terrific sense of atmosphere and Brandon is very good, but the story and the characters are a bit "meh." Everyone was a cliche: There's the scrappy street kid, there's the junkie with a hidden heart of gold, there's the honorable detective trying to get to the bottom of everything, etc.

Bad guy was laughably one-dimension too.

Leslie Nielsen's last role:

Posted Image

Try asking for a ticket for that at the box office.

I'm guessing that was supposed to be a link for An American Carol. It wasn't the Zucker's best parody, but it was certainly better than most of the other paordy films that have come out lately. Of course that isn't saying much.

Leslie Nielsen's last role:

Posted Image

Try asking for a ticket for that at the box office.

I'm guessing that was supposed to be a link for An American Carol. It wasn't the Zucker's best parody, but it was certainly better than most of the other paordy films that have come out lately. Of course that isn't saying much.

It's a movie called Stonerville starring Pauley Shore.