DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - PSICOSIS (Nicho el Millionario)

RIPPA

God - I am fairly certain I am the only person who liked Psicosis more than Rey Jr.

And yes - it took me forever to realize that was a wig with his mask and not his real hair. I'm a boob.

And don't be posting any of that fake AAA Psicosis shit in here. OG ONLY~!

Luchawiki

• Like 2

I wanted to do this in the Rey WOTD but got lazy. Here's the buffer matches to the 2/3 falls from ECW:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yqnm_rey-mysterio-vs-psicosis_sport

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23l3h_ecw-rey-mysterio-jr-vs-psicosis-mex_sport

And just for old times' sake here's nine minutes that could have easily lasted half an hour in Mexico from WCW. 

Three hours and you give them a sprint. It's great, but you have four of the best wrestlers in the world right there, and let Larry and the others babble on about Sting and the Outsiders and make racist jokes instead of giving them time to tell a story. Fucking WCW.

God - I am fairly certain I am the only person who liked Psicosis more than Rey Jr.

And yes - it took me forever to realize that was a wig with his mask and not his real hair. I'm a boob.

And don't be posting any of that fake AAA Psicosis shit in here. OG ONLY~!

Luchawiki

This is the definitive Psicosis match for me and the best Psicosis vs. Rey Mysterio match, I gave it *****. I still crack up at Psicosis taunting the ECW fans at the 05:46 mark.

I liked Psicosis matches in WCW, his look, the music too and when he wrestled in ECW. Tajiri vs. Psicosis was a great match.

I don't think anyone would have such a great impression of Rey Jr. if it were not for Psicosis selling like a million dollars.   Rey's great reception in WCW owes a lot to Psicosis.  Hell, the existence of Lucha Underground owes a lot to that feud.

I don't think we'd see so many techicos and rudos in US pro graps now if it weren't for the Rey vs. Psicosis war bringing Lucha to the unwashed North American masses and Mike Tenay translating for us.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the 2002 Torneo Cibernetico CMLL put on (didn't know Nicho ever worked for them, actually) and he just takes the most gnarly death bump on a German suplex in his first two minutes in the ring. They have to replay it it's so disgusting, and would have killed a lesser man. So in a match with ten men all trying to upstage each other he wins the prize in moments... brilliant. Suicidal, but brilliant.

The other thing about the match that's amazing is Santito actually losing to Mascara Magica, which is something I don't think I've ever seen. And he's a murderer in this match just subbing people with the Camel Clutch at will!