DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-25-16 - The Rock Returns and Saves WWE for One Night

MGFanJay

Bo's rapping was probably the best part of a show with plenty of highlights. And man that guy has some terrible teeth.

The Jericho hate here is getting outright silly. Yes, he looked slower than AJ, but the crowd was eating it up and he's still believable enough. You guys are acting like he's as fat and out of place as, say, Phil Anselmo the other night when he was trying to sing Ace of Spades with Lombardo, Trujillo, and Grohl.

It's clear they're teasing the Styles Clash for A Moment. I don't really care either way about the move, but eh. AJ's never been a favorite of mine, but he feels so fresh on this show that it's impossible not to love everything he's doing.

Are we going to get Rock and the Usos vs the New Day at Mania? Cause that would be an awesome way to use Rock in a match without him taking any risks. It would be great for the New Day because I'm afraid they might get lost in the WM shuffle otherwise.

That might have been my favorite segment in years. Rock smirking at Xavier after every little line was awesome. My favorite moment was "ummm... rebuttal?" when Rock was drawing out the crowd reaction.

Xavier should really give this wrestling thing up at some point and start his acting career. Dude is a natural.

Reigns absolutely has a rematch clause so this might be the best way to get rid of him. Make him fight his best friend and the guy who gave him hell at last year's WrestleMania. 

I would love to see them bring back the 30-day rule. It's getting close to day 30 so Triple H has to bring out an easy enough challenger. They could use it to get someone over with a near victory or they could just use it as another way for Hunter to troll people.

They won't do this in a million years, but I'd love to see them redo this.

The Rock stuff was absolutely fantastic. Not sure why anyone would think this was a New Day burial... they more than held their own with Rock on the mic, and he was corpsing like crazy for their shtick. He's the rare guy who can elevate you just by being out there and letting you do your thing on him.

AJ/Jericho was fun, but 50/50 INDY DREAM MATCH~! really isn't the way you should've debuted him. Stick him in there with one of the Outcasts or a low-level NXT guy who will pinball like crazy for him.

• Like 1

I confess that I have a hard time hating Jericho.  He represents a more enjoyable time in my wrestling fandom.  Thought the match with Styles started slow but got good at the end.  I agree that he should have gotten a better showcase match for his Raw debut.

I'd be totally fine with Rock & Usos vs. New Day at Mania, maybe even with the tag titles on the line.

Followed Xavier since he was Awesome Austin Creed in NWA Anarchy with the Apollo Creed Living-In-America attire, so it's really cool to see how far he's come.

• Like 1

They could just lie about it, or figure out a way to have someone with power backing Reigns secretly. They should make Reigns Vince's personal corporate champion. That after Reigns pummeled him, Vince respected him. Or was super afraid like when Homer punched out Mr.Burns.

Part of me wonders if the story is to force Roman into a corner where he winds up comprimising his friendship with Dean to get back into the WM main event.  Essentially becoming an unintentional tweener-heel who fully turns in time. 

That would effectively break up Roman/Dean, and start opening the door for a Shield triple threat once Rollins returns.

• Like 1

This is what I was talking about in the rumble thread. Go through all that trouble putting Roman in the rumble at #1, set up Triple H to come out at #30, win and become the champ - all to screw Roman out of the title.

Then the NEXT NIGHT announce he's getting another shot. Try and swing it however you like in all kinds of convoluted directions but it just doesn't make sense.

Bo's rapping was probably the best part of a show with plenty of highlights. And man that guy has some terrible teeth.

Bo Dallas is just a genetic wreck and that new singlet is not helping.  I mean it's helping in that it's hilarious watching his lower abdomen jiggle around in there trying to seep out.  But it's not helping helping.

• Like 1

Burgundy, I have to admire your devotion to having every fantasy booking idea you've ever posted end in a Shield three-way, but I really hope that terrible idea never happens.

Surprised at the lack of "Who is Flo Rida" posts ITT

• Like 1

This is what I was talking about in the rumble thread. Go through all that trouble putting Roman in the rumble at #1, set up Triple H to come out at #30, win and become the champ - all to screw Roman out of the title.

Then the NEXT NIGHT announce he's getting another shot. Try and swing it however you like in all kinds of convoluted directions but it just doesn't make sense.

He was the former champion and he is entitled to a rematch, like every champion has had since forever.

So to give him his rematch and still screw him, the Authority put Roman in a match with his best friend and a killing machine.  It's pretty simple stuff

• Like 1

Byron Saxton reminds me of Monty, the milquetoast color guy from Major League. He just pops in with completely useless lines from time to time. After every one of his lines, I mentally hear Harry Doyle deadpanning, "dynamite drop-in Monty. That broadcast school really paid off."

• Like 4

Burgundy, I have to admire your devotion to having every fantasy booking idea you've ever posted end in a Shield three-way, but I really hope that terrible idea never happens.

It's not so much devotion as realizing that it's eventually going to happen at some point.  That, and I tend come up with these on the fly while writing something else.  In other words, pay me my two cents for these ideas, buddy! :)

He was the former champion and he is entitled to a rematch, like every champion has had since forever.

So to give him his rematch and still screw him, the Authority put Roman in a match with his best friend and a killing machine.  It's pretty simple stuff

They own the company and make the rules up as they go along, why would he be entitled to a rematch and why would they be obliged to give it to him?

So to give him his rematch and still screw him, the Authority put Roman in a match with his best friend and a killing machine. It's pretty simple stuff

The rematch clause is for a rematch for the world title, not a three-way where the winner gets a title shot. I think for the purposes of this "storyline" we are supposed to be working under the assumption that Reigns isn't getting a "rematch clause" for whatever reason.

• Like 1

I honestly lost track of who I was supposed to root for in the Paige/Natalya vs. Brie/Alicia match.

Just be happy the Total Divas stuff is being separated from the title feud for the time being.

Let's see...Paige said mean stuff about Charlotte's dead brother, but she's besties with Natalya and Alicia unfriended her and Charlotte's a meanie nowadays, but Sasha hates both Charlotte AND Becky(who we're supposed to like), but the Bellas are deserving of our sympathy since Nikki's getting neck surgery and Brie's husband is...  *head asplodes*

• Like 1

Flo Rida was absolutely terrible at rapping. WTF was that?

Double WTF for whatever was up with Jericho. He looked like he hadn't slept at all or stayed up all night, passed out at noon and woke up just before the match. Last guy in a ring that looked that fucked up was Jeff Hardy.

• Like 1