DVDVR Message Board

Raw 1-25-16 - The Rock Returns and Saves WWE for One Night

MGFanJay

This was a super-fun show. Rock was all coked up and amazing. In 2016, we've got AJ Styles winning on Raw while Consequences Creed is in a segment with The Rock. Wrestling is fun and weird in 2016. AJ-Jericho was fine, but Jericho was too out of it to do much. The main event wasn't much, but I like the Roman vs. Dean vs. Brock match - it's at least fresh and you can do a few things to protect guys too even with Roman being pre-ordaned to win the thing.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/01/wwe-raw-1-25-15.html

Screens -

Welcome to Vinny Mac's USED CARS! We have low prices and even lower ratings.

353cb0461485832.jpg 

ec503a461487724.jpg 

4f9cad461487756.jpg 

9f6c56461490208.jpg 

0cae11461494527.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/cz8wbq1zk2xqcjk8oxj6zvujegcanm1z

"We really don't like Roman Reigns and don't want him to be the WWE Champion because he doesn't respect us and doesn't play by our rules, so let's go out of our way to make sure we take the title off him, but the very next night we're going to give him a free, unsolicited shot at competing for the WWE championship next month at our PPV."

- The Authority

• Like 16

I can do without Stephanie McMahon ever saying "coups" with ... such ... emphasis ever again.

Once Flo Rida got in the ring, I had noticed I was becoming physically ill. Like, nauseated-ill. Nothing Raw did for the rest of the night helped.

I loved The Rock with New Day.  They had some nice adlibs going on. It was hard to catch them all but Xavier was on fire. The Rock almost lost it at the Rikishi voice. 

AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho was okay but it felt like AJ was working at one speed and Chris was working at another..  they weren't on the same page throughout but I liked it. 

Sasha vs. Becky was getting good until Charlotte came in.  I'm loving their feud. 

tumblr_o1jiqpj4xc1u1ljrzo3_540.gif

• Like 2

"We really don't like Roman Reigns and don't want him to be the WWE Champion because he doesn't respect us and doesn't play by our rules, so let's go out of our way to make sure we take the title off him, but the very next night we're going to give him a free, unsolicited shot at competing for the WWE championship next month at our PPV."

- The Authority

Maybe they assume that Brock will murder both Reigns and Ambrose for their amusement like he destroyed Cena and Rollins last year? 

They had to put up the title shot to get this match because Lesnar ain't wrestling unless he can get the shot. 

Sasha vs. Becky was getting good until Charlotte came in.  I'm loving their feud. 

I don't know why they had to do that. One of the more frustrating things in WWE now is that they leave out basic simple steps in booking angles and jump way too soon into trading run-ins.

Last night Sasha made her presence felt.  Tonight would be a night for her to squash someone and then tell Mean Gene how hard she's going to kick Charlotte's ass and that she'll start next week by beating Becky to get her out of the way.  No run in.  No beat down. That's it.  Step 1.  Real simple.  And what do you know, that gives you a week to build up a match between Sasha and Becky like it matters, and so then when Charlotte runs in and ruins it...IT MATTERS.

Why do they have to rush these things when they already know they have too much time to fill?

• Like 6

- The Authority

Maybe they assume that Brock will murder both Reigns and Ambrose for their amusement like he destroyed Cena and Rollins last year? 

They had to put up the title shot to get this match because Lesnar ain't wrestling unless he can get the shot. 

Why not Lesnar vs. Ambrose then? This shit makes less than zero sense.

That was one hell of a fun show. Rock going "off script" with the four drunk fans was hilarious, and that whole segment may have elevated New Day to another level.

Bo-Rida needs to be a permanent thing, for God's sake.

I'm in the camp of never really wanting to see the Styles Clash, again. The last thing they need is more neck injuries.

And I'm just gonna call it and say I think we just might get Dean vs HHH at Mania.

The Rock's bit with The Big Show was legit one of the funniest thing he's done in years.

The stuff with Lana was as far away to the other side as humanly possible. 

Like, the gulf was like main eventing fucking Cowboy Stadium and an Impact taping in Bethlahem. 

Good show otherwise. Dean's gonna turn heel one day, right?

- The Authority

Because they want Reigns killed dead too?

I agree that it makes no sense, but we have to assume that they're sadists who want to use their monster to inflict pain, and giving him a title shot via that match is the only way to get him to fight. 

That was one hell of a fun show. Rock going "off script" with the four drunk fans was hilarious, and that whole segment may have elevated New Day to another level.

Bo-Rida needs to be a permanent thing, for God's sake.

I'm in the camp of never really wanting to see the Styles Clash, again. The last thing they need is more neck injuries.

And I'm just gonna call it and say I think we just might get Dean vs HHH at Mania.

A Brock/Reigns uneasy partnership vs. the Wyatt's could have been fun in an alternate universe, but the way they've been booked I wouldn't buy them having a chance against Brock in a 4-on-1 at this point.

Why do they have to rush these things when they already know they have too much time to fill?

I can only think because "Fast Lane".  That's my answer. I wish there wasn't a PPV sandwiched in between. They need a Saturday Night's Main Event instead. This whole Fast Lane thing I've never liked outside of the one No Way Out they did where it was Team Angle vs. I think Lesnar and Benoit.  It helped build towards Angle/Brock without giving too much away and it was still a great match. 

- The Authority

Because they want Reigns killed dead too?

I agree that it makes no sense, but we have to assume that they're sadists who want to use their monster to inflict pain, and giving him a title shot via that match is the only way to get him to fight. 

Then just have your henchman jump him like they did last night. There are millions of ways to inflict pain on the guy without giving him a shot at the title that you just went to enormously great lengths to take off him.

I get what you're saying, but it's just really poor, lazy writing.

• Like 1

This was so good. Usually Raw is nightmarish when I start 90 minutes late and am love by the end but somehow this felt different.

AJ/Jericho felt like it mattered. Loving all things Becky/Sasha. Rock/New Day was stellar. The main event looked like trash and I tuned out but apparently it led to Brock wrestling soon, so that's good.