DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY (Series 2) - GOLDUST (Dustin Rhodes)

RIPPA

RIPPA BIRTHDAY WEEK BEGINS AGAIN!!!!

Sadly I only just remembered that it was Monday and that my birthday was this week.

Anyway - I am going to do guys that I love again.

Folks I have picked before (who I could technically pick again but probably won't)

1st Time

ANDRE THE GIANT
JOE MALENKO
CHEERLEADER MELISSA
BLUE PANTHER
VADER

2nd Time
SHINYA HASHIMOTO
HARLEY RACE
SURVIVAL TOBITA
MARTY GARNER (Cham Pain)
BOBBY EATON

3rd Time
ARN ANDERSON
JUMBO TSURUTA
VILLANOS
AJA KONG
JUSHIN LIGER

So anyway - I am going with Goldie. More on him in a second
  • Like 1

I remember watching Dustin when I was growing up and I constantly be like "God Damn that match was great!" without ever really realizing that it was Dustin making it great.

Luckly a lot of his dark period came while I was in college and what not so I got to ignore chunks of it.

Then he came back and this miracle Goldust run where he is quite often the best worker in the company and you are like "Oh now I get it..."

He needs to never stop wrestling

This isn't the King of Cable semis match which is motherfucking awesome. I mean this is still great but someone needs to find me that.

So many guys I love

This was fitting considering the time of the year

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkbyxi_goldust-returns-in-2002-rumble-1-20-02_sport

Goldie returns to the 2002 Rumble

Dustin busting out a motherfucking plancha onto Vader and Harley is awesome, as is both guys completely ignoring Bill Watts' top rope rule in consecutive matches. When Hayes says "Imagine that man swinging a chair" right after Vader clotheslines Dustin I thought out loud "I'd rather be hit with the chair". 

I bet Watts would have loved to have Dustin in Mid-South.