DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.50

steve

every year i let Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES make my official prediction.

as occasionally happens, this year the Panthers made the Super Bowl, but were not available in the game, so i had to download a hack ROM of the game with updated rosters. therefore, the predictions may not be 100% accurate. But here's what i got for this year:

IMG_0567_zpsmrhpo8ez.jpg

Panthers 24, Broncos 7
Denver had no answer for the run game and varied offense of Cam Newton and the Panthers. Carolina moved the ball well and was always dangerous.
Manning wasn't able to gain any traction in this game, missing a few key long passes. Although he and the Broncos threatened late in each quarter, it was too little, too late for the Denver squad.

• Like 1

My partner was asking me who I was rooting for in the big game, and I said I'm torn, because I want to see Cam win because it will bother dumb racists, but I also have been annoyed by Vincey Greene's football ego all year. I was told that racists feeling bad is a better reason for rooting interest than being internet mad, so GO PANTHERS.

I thought I was the only one. I don't think I can deal with a full offseason of Vinceys posts if the panthers win.

Eh. I honestly don't think much about football during the off season, plus it's a lot more fun to be an obnoxious fan of an upstart than an obnoxious fan of the champs. What am I, a Pats guy?

• Like 1

Really nice to see all the Superbowl MVP's be acknowledged.

I don't mean this in a flippant way but it surprised me that only one of them is dead. I mean... 50 years of football history, that's a long time.

Jerry Rice still looks like he hasn't put on a pound since he played.

• Like 1

You're watching adverts. I'm watching Chappers, Mike Carlson, Jason Bell and Osi Unemyiora analyse the action.

Osi is hysterical, by the way. He'll be all over the US media in a year or two, his showreel from the BBC2 Highlights show will make him irresistible to American media.

Really nice to see all the Superbowl MVP's be acknowledged.

I don't mean this in a flippant way but it surprised me that only one of them is dead. I mean... 50 years of football history, that's a long time.

Jerry Rice still looks like he hasn't put on a pound since he played.

It's pretty amazing given the 50 years, period, let alone how dangerous we now know playing the game is.

I remember they did this a few years ago and Jake Scott & Joe Montana weren't able to attend.  Glad everyone living was able to show up, even at least via satellite (hopefully that means Starr and Howley just didn't wanna deal with the hassle of travelling and aren't too ill to travel).

Brady getting the top heel reaction  by far was pretty funny (and entirely forseen).

Technically pretty close to his childhood home town (not that many locals could get a ticket to this).

And Doritos takes the lead for the best and most fucked up commercial of the Super Bowl   :blink:

Every year they present us with a more degraded version of who they think their customer base is.

So far my main takeaway from the commercials is that everyone is always kickboxing a heavy bag in an empty gym all the time.

And Doritos takes the lead for the best and most fucked up commercial of the Super Bowl   :blink:

Every year they present us with a more degraded version of who they think their customer base is.

So far my main takeaway from the commercials is that everyone is always kickboxing a heavy bag in an empty gym all the time.

Perhaps we can finally ask the question of whether its Doritios or Vince McMahon who has less respect for their own customer base.

I was going to keep my running tab on

- CGI dancing babies

- CGI talking animals

- Old people doing young people things

But they've already broke the meter on those first two by making a CGI talking-dancing animal-baby and we're still in the 1st quarter