DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

I get your point, but invoking Austin Powers lines like they'd be BETTER is ridiculous even for hyperbole.

The fact that he hashtag tweets "Believe That" makes it worse.

Are people angry about HHH? I'm more ambivalent, but mocking the silliness of thinking that a "HHH vs. Reigns for the title" feud in 2016 is worth anything. In the moment, sure, I was rooting for Ambrose, a guy I don't like, but after the fact, I'm ho-hum. That's the sense I get from most other folks, too. The booking is at least logical, even if it's so dull that I can't be arsed to care about it. 

I'm more apathetic and disappointed than I am angry about it.  Everyone was predicting this, so it's not all that surprising.  

Are people angry about HHH? I'm more ambivalent, but mocking the silliness of thinking that a "HHH vs. Reigns for the title" feud in 2016 is worth anything. In the moment, sure, I was rooting for Ambrose, a guy I don't like, but after the fact, I'm ho-hum. That's the sense I get from most other folks, too. The booking is at least logical, even if it's so dull that I can't be arsed to care about it. 

More angry that a 46 year old is champ instead of others and that he is gonna be in the main feud headed to Mania. They are upset that this seals the deal (which things could change in the story) that he is gonna main event Mania. 

I find some of the reactions to this a bit off. Saying "oh this will never be the end". He has not held the title in seven years and for the last few years has rarely worked. 

Did he have a match after Wrestlemania last year? Its also curious people are madder about this than Sting losing to him last year. 

In this case there is not even a clearly better option. 

• Like 1

My biggest beef with the Rumble was the sloppy, sloppy wrestling. Too many rushed spots and guys nearly getting hurt because some fuck is more interested in getting his shit in than to make sure he actually connects, or they guy he's connecting with even sees stuff coming.

Jericho screaming "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" in pain after being awkwardly dropped by Titus was the best response to the sloppiness.

My biggest beef with the Rumble was the sloppy, sloppy wrestling. Too many rushed spots and guys nearly getting hurt because some fuck is more interested in getting his shit in than to make sure he actually connects, or they guy he's connecting with even sees stuff coming.

Jericho screaming "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" in pain after being awkwardly dropped by Titus was the best response to the sloppiness.

True.

I don't remember who exactly bu there was a couple regular suplexes that was awful. Who the fuck decides to go through elaborate movesets and suplexes in a battle royal. It is fine if the ring is barely filled or everyone knows their spot, like when Brock was destroying everyone. 

Even with that, the Rumble was pretty good and entertaining from start to finish.

I was laughing my ass off at Xavier coming down the aisle huffing and puffing and Big E rubbing his shoulders only for him to turn to Kofi and Kofi is the actual participant. Xavier is great. 

Except that production totally ruined the bit by popping up #10 Kofi Kingston on screen way too early.

Even Cole was like "Who's it gonna be???!!  ....Oh it's Kofi."

To be fair, this could easily have been New Day improvising something hilarious and not thinking to share it with the production crew.

The decision to have KO beat Henry with the pop up powerbomb was wtf. Looked so bad. Kevin has 7 million moves, all of which would have looked more believable.

I thought Owens pinning Henry with the pop-up power bomb was impressive...for Henry. Old man still has some hopes in him! :)

I was laughing my ass off at Xavier coming down the aisle huffing and puffing and Big E rubbing his shoulders only for him to turn to Kofi and Kofi is the actual participant. Xavier is great. 

Except that production totally ruined the bit by popping up #10 Kofi Kingston on screen way too early.

Even Cole was like "Who's it gonna be???!!  ....Oh it's Kofi."

To be fair, this could easily have been New Day improvising something hilarious and not thinking to share it with the production crew.

i thought it was pretty obviously kofi from the moment they appeared because Xavier and E had the titles on.

Of all the guys to complain about getting pushed, you pick Kevin Owens?

Yep because him beating Henry made me ill.

The decision to have KO beat Henry with the pop up powerbomb was wtf. Looked so bad. Kevin has 7 million moves, all of which would have looked more believable.

The absolute worst posts in this threads. Which is saying so damn much considering we talked about video editing for 5 pages.

That spot was dope. Henry is awesome, but they have been jobbing him out for a while now. Owens has been the best guy in the company for the last 6 months and it's really not even that close.

Y'all are lame.

• Like 3

Double posted but serious question: Why do the babyfaces always cheat? The Usos were first to take a cheap shot outside the ring against New Day, Roman sits out most of the Rumble ... I don't get it.

Is Roman sitting out most of the rumble really cheating?