DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

My thoughts:

-Was it me or was ADR calling spots like REALLY loud?

-Never realized how big Curtis Axel is in comparison to the rest of the roster.  

-I could watch Brock murder the Wyatt Family all day.  ALL. MOTHERFUCKING. DAY.

-When Naitch threw his jacket on Becky, I was half-expecting her to fall asleep like a parrot.

-New Days air-humping celebration was aces.

-I think I would like Ambrose as a sleazy heel instead of a face...because he looks like a sleazy heel.

-Hey...it's Triple H as the main focus again.  Huzzah...

• Like 1

The thing with Lex is that, despite his push, Bret was still booked and treated like the top guy anyway. By fans and announcers. I don't think Lex was ever, ever planned to be the long term guy to begin with. As evidenced by the fact they didn't give him the title even when he was actually very over.

And WWE also had the good sense in the past to pull the plug when something clearly wasn't working. Roman Reigns is what would have happened if the WWF had tried to push the Lex Express into WrestleMania 11 after putting the belt on Bret at WrestleMania 10. After Luger failed, the WWF had already moved onto Diesel. Today's WWE doesn't show the same willingness to say, "that didn't work" and just move onto the next guy.

There's probably noone else around at the moment that Vince sees as "that guy".

He'll try again with Baron Corbin I'm sure.

I just found the whole statement of "WWE has always done this" to horribly inaccurate. In the past, WWE has hit the abort button when their guy didn't work out. You can go back to Pedro Morales and how quickly they put belt back on Bruno when he didn't draw the numbers they wanted or to Warrior to see how quickly they put the belt back on Hogan or the aforementioned Luger example with Bret. All of these allowed them to put the belt back on an established name until the next "man" came along. Putting the belt back on Cena doesn't sound particularly exciting either but that's more in line with WWE's standard than what they're doing with Roman now. 

They could adopt the mid-90s strategy of "this guy is getting a huge reaction, let's run with it and see what happens" and push Dean into the Austin spot with Roman playing The Rock. 

Be nice for Raw to open up with a McMahon Celebration, with HHH hitting Vince with a pedigree and fleeing to his Florida based territory with the belt in tow. Just a thought. I know, I know, I should have learnt my lesson by now, but I can't help myself.

And WWE also had the good sense in the past to pull the plug when something clearly wasn't working. Roman Reigns is what would have happened if the WWF had tried to push the Lex Express into WrestleMania 11 after putting the belt on Bret at WrestleMania 10. After Luger failed, the WWF had already moved onto Diesel. Today's WWE doesn't show the same willingness to say, "that didn't work" and just move onto the next guy.

There's probably noone else around at the moment that Vince sees as "that guy".

He'll try again with Baron Corbin I'm sure.

I just found the whole statement of "WWE has always done this" to horribly inaccurate. In the past, WWE has hit the abort button when their guy didn't work out. You can go back to Pedro Morales and how quickly they put belt back on Bruno when he didn't draw the numbers they wanted or to Warrior to see how quickly they put the belt back on Hogan or the aforementioned Luger example with Bret. All of these allowed them to put the belt back on an established name until the next "man" came along. Putting the belt back on Cena doesn't sound particularly exciting either but that's more in line with WWE's standard than what they're doing with Roman now. 

They could adopt the mid-90s strategy of "this guy is getting a huge reaction, let's run with it and see what happens" and push Dean into the Austin spot with Roman playing The Rock. 

To be fair, they haven't *had* Cena to fall back on the last few months.

The thing that bugs the fuck out of me more than H winning the belt and "authority always wins in the end lol" is how it must have sounded backstage when they were planning it out.

Vince; So Roman you're going to get eliminated by Hunter(which will be his revenge), then leaving it down to him and Dean.

Roman; Oh um ok. At least Deans gonna win, the fans will love that, it'll be insane.

Vince; Ha, nope. We're gonna make the Universe think we're giving them something different for a few seconds but instead Hunters going over.

Boils my fucking blood.

• Like 3

The thing that bugs the fuck out of me more than H winning the belt and "authority always wins in the end lol" is how it must have sounded backstage when they were planning it out.

Vince; So Roman you're going to get eliminated by Hunter(which will be his revenge), then leaving it down to him and Dean.

Roman; Oh um ok. At least Deans gonna win, the fans will love that, it'll be insane.

Vince; Ha, nope. We're gonna make the Universe think we're giving them something different for a few seconds but instead Hunters going over.

Boils my fucking blood.

Almost like you're supposed to be mad and then happy when Roman beats HHH at WM.

Man, was really hoping this would be Becky's night. As entertaining as I find Stage Dad Flair, I feel like she really deserved this win. Hoping she's not just brushed aside now that Sasha is back.

Shame for Becky Lynch she never won the NXT Women's Championship like the other Four Horsewomen of NXT.

20150526_NXTDivas_LIGHT_HP.jpg

tumblr_noe63oquHP1upuq3uo1_500.jpg

01_EP_NXT_04232015ej_0383-3810884881_0.j