DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2016 POST SHOW

RIPPA

So the Wrestlemania main event is gonna be uber heel Charlotte vs tweeter star Sasha Banks vs #1 Babyface Becky Lynch right?

My hope is that by Mania, Ric will have left Charlotte for Sasha, Sasha will have had him committed, and Sasha will be doing promos where she's giving away all Charlotte's money.

• Like 5

Guys, Roman didn't take a rest dammit. He REFUSED to get on the stretcher! He's tough!

R-Truth climbing the ladder and Braun Strowman tossing Show and Kane are little moments that I hope do not get overshadowed. It is sad though that Wyatt-Lesnar lacks the intrigue of Strowman-Lesnar.

I want everyone to pause, take a deep breath, and then envision the 20-minute opening promo on Raw tomorrow night.

The worst part is is that the "breaking glass" will be the music of a guy no one really likes that much.  Like, how insufferable will they have to be to get a pop for Roman?  Tune in to find out!

So the Wrestlemania main event is gonna be uber heel Charlotte vs tweeter star Sasha Banks vs #1 Babyface Becky Lynch right?

My hope is that by Mania, Ric will have left Charlotte for Sasha, Sasha will have had him committed, and Sasha will be doing promos where she's giving away all Charlotte's money.

I think the IRS and an army of divorce lawyers beat her to it.

• Like 2

Really, the show wasn't too bad if you take out everything after Brock's elimination.  That first match was pretty damn good, and the tag match was good too.  The Divas match and the US title match were solid but not as good.  There is something off, to me, about Charlotte. 

AJ's name being said so many times by Cole was surreal, even though he didn't do really anything.  The crowd wanted a Styles Clash, and of course, they didn't get it.  Jericho's gut is reaching Matt Hardy levels, and I'm surprised they didn't make him wear a shirt.  He basically did nothing for the entire match but look old.  I'm already sick of Braun and the constant protecting of him in this match.  The guy can barely clothesline someone properly.  He's good at standing there like a geek and probably flipping tires outside the Performance Center, or something.  Even Brock sold for this idiot.  It's nights like this that I get so infuriated at Vince for shoving guys like him down our throats, and not giving people what they want.  The Roman show continued and he got booed like crazy.  I found myself hoping he'd win, just for the glorious reaction.  HHH winning was predictable and lame, and they could have probably gotten to their Mania program without him winning the belt/strap/WWE World Heavyweight Championship of Championships.  They had another opportunity to totally establish a mid-card guy like Dean, or Owens, or even Bray, and they didn't.  Now, we're guaranteed more of Monday Night Reigns until past Mania because I pretty much guarantee Reigns is winning the belt at the show.

I assume it'll be Bray/Lesnar, as well for Mania, and god knows who Taker is going over on.  Maybe Owens.  I also forgot to mention that I'm happy that Sasha is hopefully getting the strap soon, she's money.

Except it's all a giant swerve a la Halloween Havoc 95.

I think the IRS and an army of divorce lawyers beat her to it.

KAYFABE MONEY, BRO!!!  Sasha can just straight up do old Flair promos on Savage word for word and it will be the best thing ever.

Owens was also king sized in the opener. Taking absurd bumps, leaning into Ambrose's shitty offense to make it look decent, "I hate you!" and "You caused this" *SLAP*

He's MVP of the night for me.

• Like 9

Well some other jerk already stole my "compare myself to Gregg" joke, but honestly I don't see what the problem is with this show. Sure the outcome was predictable, but unlike last year's shitshow, there was interesting stuff throughout, and almost always someone to root for.

I guess it helps having been so thoroughly disappointed the last two years, expectations couldn't have been much lower.

• Like 3

You people are fucking miserable. The Rumble was fun.

Yeah, definitely. Right up until #30 when it became clear that Triple H was going to win, just like everyone here and elsewhere have predicted ever since it was announced Reigns was defending in the Rumble. And by no means do I hate Triple H. Like multiple people have said, they could have went a ton of interesting ways with this match but chose to go this route.

Maybe they'll get the message come 'Mania that Roman Reigns isn't what the people want, when the crowd cheers Triple H and boos Reigns into oblivion. Because it's going to happen.

Other than the finish, this was a pretty entertaining Rumble. They almost had me thinking Ambrose was going to win, and it's always a good thing when the obvious finish looks to be in doubt. But, alas...

• Like 1

Owens was also king sized in the opener. Taking absurd bumps, leading into Ambrose's shitty offense to make it look decent, "I hate you!" And "Your caused this" *SLAP*

Owens' inner hatred of people is like the second most over person on the roster.

Owens was also king sized in the opener. Taking absurd bumps, leading into Ambrose's shitty offense to make it look decent, "I hate you!" And "Your caused this" *SLAP*

Any other year you could make a case for him winning the whole thing, but not this year. Sami needed to get one back on him for the story they're telling between the two of them.

You people are fucking miserable. The Rumble was fun.

Agree 100% I loved it, as did the people I watched it with. Reaction so far seems to be very positive....except on here. 

By the way, I checked Meltzer's site to get their overall take on the show. Do they even use autocorrect or spell-check over there?

Guys, Roman didn't take a rest dammit. He REFUSED to get on the stretcher! He's tough!

R-Truth climbing the ladder and Braun Strowman tossing Show and Kane are little moments that I hope do not get overshadowed. It is sad though that Wyatt-Lesnar lacks the intrigue of Strowman-Lesnar.

Do a super-hoss 8-man with the Wyatts vs Brock, Show, Kane, and Henry

Axel was eliminated from this year's Rumble.

But is he still in LAST year's Rumble?

Technically, since he was thrown over a top rope, I think he was eliminated from both simultaneously.